Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Pissing In The Wind

There are days when I feel that phrase best describes my life. Days when a good deed goes for naught. Days when you notice that one of the lightbulbs outside your house you replaced just five days ago because the ones you put in three weeks ago were so bright they probably keep you neighbor awake, has already burned out.

Another From The Collection Of Paulie [eatl/ga]
What I was really looking for when taking pictures last weekend was something that had "In Case Of Emergency Break Glass" written on it. This is the closest thing that I could find...



I really like this shot and if I had aimed a smidgeon to the left I would love this shot.

Spirits To Raise My Mood
My Taco Mac Passport list is growing. If you look to the bottom of the right hand galley you'll see that last night I reached beer number twenty-two!

In other Taco Mac related news Meet The Hashers once again finished second. However, thanks to an accumulation of $80 in house cash from previous efforts my meal (a basket of fries) and two beers wound up costing me a mere $2.64. Who says that useless knowlege is worth nothing?

Music To Raise My Spirits
Tuesday, how far from Friday you reside but I still love you because you promise me new music. Today's offerings have quite a few that interest me as well.

Last week I mentioned picking up an advanced copy of The Rakes' "Capture/Release" cd. I enjoy it very much, and if you are a fan of stripped-down older-school rock/punk so will you.

A lot of the kids today are listening to The Streets. Frankly, I don't really get them; to me each song (of those I've heard on the radio) sounds like the previous one. Whether I like them or not The Streets have a new release called "The Hardest Way To Make An Easy Living."

The Secret Machines have a new release today that I know nothing about.

Bruce Springsteen releases album number seven hundred and nineteen today and it's called "We Shall Overcome -- The Seeger Sessions." I'm not sure if this refers to Bob Seeger or Pete Seeger and it doesn't make much difference to me because I haven't been a big Boss fan since "The River."

For my money I'm going with a band (once?) associated with the Elephant 6 Recording Company (and as a side note if you dig info about Elephant 6 you should be reading Optical Atlas) -- Elf Power.

And now for some ideas stolen from LiveJournal...
Current Mood - useless
Current Music - Sirius Satellite Radio, Channel 26 playing Belle & Sebastian -- "Another Sunny Day" (Sirius is trying to make me happy whether I want it or not!)
Website Of The Day - Every day is a Punny Day at Bad Puns.

If you ever want a quick glance of the sites I've picked for my Websites Of The Day, you can check them out on del.icio.us, my user name is InsideThePerimeter (go figure), and they are all tagged as "blogged."

Exercise (b)Log - none

Cheers!
Paulie [eatl/ga]