Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Beer Is A Vegetable

It must be, because I know vegetarians who drink it...

The Return Of The 5/7ths Vegetarian
As I struggled to run last night it became abundantly clear that my current weight-loss plans were inadequate. From now until I weigh under 195 pounds I am reimplementing my 5/7ths vegetarian status.

What is a 5/7ths vegetarian you ask? Well in my world a 5/7ths vegetarian is a person who eats only vegetarian food five of the seven days of the week (for me it will most likely be Sunday through Thursday) and can eat meat on the other two days if they wish.

Hogwash you say? Perhaps for you, but not for me. Newer readers of this space might not have read my previous posts which mentioned that at one time I was a man of 245 pounds (a 42" waist for those of you playing at home) and it was this eating regiment (it's not a diet mind you) combined with a work out routine allowed me to drop over sixty pounds. For a decade I was able to manage my weight successfully, but an injury a few years ago combined with a lowered self-esteem brought about the eating and slacking patterns that have gotten me where I am today.

Abundantly Musical
Yesterday I was like a kid in a candy store (candy is vegetarian, right?) while I perused the used cd selections at Decatur CD. One of the benefits of going to a used cd store is that sometimes you see promo / advance cds in the bin and yesterday was no exception.

For a mere $6 each I bought promo cds from The Rakes ("All Too Human") and Grandaddy ("Just Like The Fambly Cat"). Also in the used bin I found The Flaming Lips' "At War With The Mystics" and We Are Scientists' "With Love And Squalor." Yippee!!!

As an further unpaid endorsement for Decatur CD they are having a used cd sale from Thursday (4/20) to Sunday (4/23) during which all used cds $8 and up will be 25% off. Aw fuck, why wait, go today!

It's a busy day for me today, so that is all I can give ya...

And now for some ideas stolen from LiveJournal...
Current Mood - meh
Current Music - listening to Leo Laporte's "KFI the Tech Guy" podcast
Website Of The Day - I'll be trolling around the VegWeb for a while to reacquaint myself with vegetarian recipes.

If you ever want a quick glance of the sites I've picked for my Websites Of The Day, you can check them out on del.icio.us, my user name is InsideThePerimeter (go figure), and they are all tagged as "blogged."

Exercise (b)Log - running and walking, 6 miles

Cheers!
Paulie [eatl/ga]