Thursday, April 13, 2006

Cat Gut Your Tongue?

It's been very quiet in the comment section recently. Is everything okay? :)

Want To See My 7"?
My what a dirty mind you have!

After completing my day at the Career Fair I swung by Criminal Records to pick up the new Built To Spill cd. On Tuesday Criminal sent out their weekly email and announced that they were giving away limited number of Built To Spill 7" records with the purchase of the new cd. According to the guy behind the counter I received the last of the records. Whew! Timing is everything. Now if I can only find a turntable on which to play it.

I'm Smiling But Won't Reveal Why
When I returned home from George's last evening it was late and I was in no condition to stay up and watch The Amazing Race. Thanks to the Internet I accidentally saw who got ousted on last night's episode. I won't completely spoil the surprise but I will say that I am smiling from ear-to-ear and can't wait to see how it all went down.

'Tis To Be My Last Thrashing Of The Season
Have you ever had one of those nights where you think "Man, there is nothing to do!"? Have you ever had one of those nights where you think "Holy shit there are just too many things from which to choose!"? Tonight is one of the latter for me.

Tonight's options included seeing if the gang wanted to get together to watch Survivor, use a free (non-Turner voucher *ahem*) ticket to the Thrashers game, going to Smith's Olde Bar to see National Grain, or hanging with the ATLbloggers for their monthly drinkfest.

I have chosen the Thrashers option, and with any luck I'll be up for swinging by 97 Estoria to see if any of the drunken bloggers are still there after the game.

Have You Tried Google Search?
I think this search technology from Google must still be in beta because the results I have been getting back from it have been rather lame lately.

I mentioned yesterday that when I searched for "P'Cheen" the other day Google failed to return their website http://www.pcheen.com. I rationalized this because I thought that perhaps I confused Google by adding the apostrophe.

This morning I searched for "97 Estoria Atlanta". Google Maps found it, but provided no link to their website. Further, none of the links returned on the first page of results contained the link to http://www.97estoria.com. I find this strange that the obvious answer was not the very first link, or at least one of the first ten.

Perhaps it's time for Google to return to "dancing with the date that brung ya" before we internet users find a new search engine to use. It will never happen you say? Anyone out there remember Gopher, AltaVista, Excite, HotBot, Lycos to name a few?

And Finally, A Real Happy Birth Day Shoutout
Because I got the lowdown after my blog got published on the Information SuperHighway (like how I make this nonsense sound all official like?) I was unable to include this yesterday.

Happy True Birthday (belated) to Charles, the newest non-commenter to the InsideThePerimeter posse. Born in the late hours of Tuesday night my friends Mike and Sandy have successfully produced their first child. I hear mother and son are fine, but father can't wait for Lent to end so that he can once again drink beer. Rock on you two, I am really happy for you.

Next on the clock.... Stacey and Andy.

As for me it appears that my lot in life is to be "Uncle" Paulie. Just don't ask me to change diapers because those things are nasty!

And now for some ideas stolen from LiveJournal...
Current Mood - whooped
Current Music - Sirius Satellite Radio, Channel 26 playing Sufjan Stevens -- "The Man Of Metropolis Steals Our Hearts"
Website Of The Day - For those of us who think that we'll never find anyone to marry predicting the length of a marriage based solely on an engagement photo seems like fun. If you are as twisted as me you can play along at Wedding Betting.

If you ever want a quick glance of the sites I've picked for my Websites Of The Day, you can check them out on del.icio.us, my user name is InsideThePerimeter (go figure), and they are all tagged as "blogged."

Exercise (b)Log - running, 4.5 miles

Cheers!
Paulie [eatl/ga]