Tuesday, April 18, 2006

I'm On The Edge And Ready To Leap

Back To The Mac For Trivia And Passport Progression
Last night I made it past my thirteenth beer toward obtaining my Taco Mac Passport. By consuming beer number thirteen I was rewarded with a t-shirt.

Now that my Monday night photography class has ended I was free to return to Meet The Hashers for Team Trivia at Taco Mac. My speciality has always been sports so I was a little more than disappointed when I missed two of the three sports questions asked last evening (Janet Evans? How could I forget Janet Evans?). My lack of knowledge dragged us down to a second-place finish which was good for $30 in bar cash. Meh!

Sticking To 'The Man'
Last night before trivia I got a wee little bit of sweet revenge upon The Man. The other night I noticed that Gomez is scheduled to play the Variety Playhouse on May 4th. I was puzzled why I hadn't noticed this when I was looking through the ticket offerings on their website on Friday. It turns out that pre-sale for Variety's website is closed, at least according to the person I spoke with at the phone number shown on their website. I thought that I would succumb to buying a ticket from The Man, where the cost of the show would be $22.50 (ticket), $6.50ish (convenience charge), $3.50ish (processing fee) for a total of about $33.50. Feeling reamed I decided that it might be worth my while to visit Variety's box office before lining the fat pockets of The Man. I am so glad that I did! By visiting the box office (which is not far from my normal travel path) I saved $9.00; my cost was $22.50 (ticket), $1.00 (processing fee because I paid using a credit card).

Score one for Paulie!

Okay Word Pressers...
I am looking to take off the training wheels and make the leap from Blogger to something else, most likely Word Press. Two questions
  • What will I gain by making the leap?
  • Who is hosting your site and why did you choose them?
The more replies I get, the faster I will get off my arse to take action.

CD Pick Of The Week
It's Tuesday, that must mean it's time for me to pick a new release as my CD Pick of the Week.

Let's see... Okay there it is.... This week's pick goes to the Drive By Truckers and their release of "A Blessing and a Curse."

As a person who grew up despising "Southern Rock" thanks Lynyrd Skynyrd (or was it .38 Special?) it took me a long time to come around to enjoying the genre. Every once in awhile I'd dip my toes back into the alt-country / southern rock waters; there was Lone Justice in the 80's, and then Jason and the Scorchers in the 80's and 90's. For the naughts I have taken to Drive By Truckers. If you are not a fan of the Truckers I suggest that you see them live before you come to your final conclusion.

And now for some ideas stolen from LiveJournal...
Current Mood - unsure
Current Music - listening to Adam Curry's "Daily Source Code" podcast
Website Of The Day - Who knew that a browser would become so popular that people would make movies about it? Check our user-submitted videos which espouse the virtues of Firefox at Firefox Flicks.

If you ever want a quick glance of the sites I've picked for my Websites Of The Day, you can check them out on del.icio.us, my user name is InsideThePerimeter (go figure), and they are all tagged as "blogged."

Exercise (b)Log - nothing

Cheers!
Paulie [eatl/ga]