Tuesday, April 11, 2006

My Name Is Paulie And I Have A Problem

Oh to have but one would certainly be nice...

If You Don't Hear From Me, Fear Not
Yesterday after lunch I walked over to the mall and stopped into EB Games to ask about the upcoming release of Kingdom Hearts 2.



Much to my surprise the game was released two weeks ago and I didn't know! You'll have to understand a few things about me to appreciate the enormity of this reaction. Grab a cup of coffee (preferrably served to you by Ellen at Joe's in East Atlanta like mine has been today) and relax.

A wee little bit more than two years ago my last relationship ended with the words "I'm sorry I can't marry you, I'm moving out." For a few months I kept my mind occupied by doing chores around the house (hmmm, must remember to finish some of those), drinking, and hashing. It was then I rediscovered my love of video games (probably the reason for my stunted social skills that has hampered my ability to meet girls/women over the past twenty-five years) when I purchased a Playstation 2.

I played the original Kingdom Hearts day and night, night and day, at a volume intended for those half my age (I was 38 then). "Engulfed" is the best way to describe my addiction. After investing hours of my life playing Kingdom Hearts I finished the game. An odd sense of pride and accomplishment emerged from a soul that was essentially empty. And then I waited for the release of Kingdom Hearts 2. At every gaming convention there were teasers put out by Square Enix, the game's maker, and the assurance that the game would be coming out "soon."

For some reason I had it in my head that April 15th was the day Kingdom Hearts 2 was to be release in the United States. The date obviously stuck in my head because of income taxes and the thought that the pain of taxes would be eased by Kingdom Hearts 2. And then yesterday I found out that it's been out for two weeks.

So starting tonight I will be guiding Sora Roxas and a cast of Disney characters through a maze of virtual worlds. I realize most of you are shaking your heads in disbelief, but it's true. I promise not to provide game updates and not to complain too loudly when the release of Kingdom Hearts 3 continues to be delayed...

Double Dose Of Donald?
After getting home from my last Digital 101 photography class (I passed!) I made the tough decision to wait one more day before starting Kingdom Hearts 2. Afterall, there was an episode of The Apprentice to watch. I'm not sure what's happening next Monday, but NBC decided to make me really happy by doubling up on The Don last night because there will be no showing of The Apprentice next week. Through the magic of the DVR I was able to catch both episodes in about an hour and forty-five minutes. Sweet. I won't play spoiler today in case you weren't able to watch. I will say that it is starting to get intersting watching these people jockey for position.

More Pictures?
I'm not ready to inflict a daily photo on you yet, but from time to time I am going to dump a photo I've taken into this space. This will eventually get me to redesign this site (read "pay somebody to help me migrate to a new blogging service and design") because the landscape photos taken with my Nikon and uploaded to Flickr don't play nicely with this template.



This is a statue which stands outside Atlanta's Woodruff Arts Center. There is actually a better picture of this (imho) if you go to my Flickr account (my account is InsideThePerimeter in case you have to ask) and look for photos tagged with "woodruffarts".

CD Pick Of The Week
Although Metacritic lists twelve CDs dropping today including releases from Calexico, Eagles of Death Metal, and Pretty Girls Make Graves, it's the release of "You In Reverse" from Built To Spill that gets my nod.

Built To Spill has been around for quite some time and if the name sounds even more familiar than you think it should it's probably because I mentioned their concert cancellation recently. Luckily for me the concert has been rescheduled for later in the year and I am hopeful that Camper van Beethoven will once again be enlisted as the opening act.

As for the album, I find it to be quite entertaining. I was able to listen to it in its entirety (and so can you) thanks to the folks over at AOL Music; follow this link (unfortunately it requires the use of Internet Explorer) to give it a free listen.

And now for some ideas stolen from LiveJournal...
Current Mood - vacant
Current Music - Sirius Satellite Radio, Channel 26 playing Badly Drawn Boy -- "Disillusion"
Website Of The Day - Pixsy is YAW2.0S ("yet another Web 2.0 site") whose goal is to allow you to search for pictures and videos on the InterWeb based on keywords/tags. I've not used the site extensively and have had limited success using it. As always, your mileage may vary.

If you ever want a quick glance of the sites I've picked for my Websites Of The Day, you can check them out on del.icio.us, my user name is InsideThePerimeter (go figure), and they are all tagged as "blogged."

Exercise (b)Log - ...and on Monday Paulie rested

Cheers!
Paulie [eatl/ga]