Wednesday, April 05, 2006

All Your 80% Are Belong To Us

A Is For Apple
Every once in a while I have issues with Firefox. The most common issue occurs when I begin to type a URL and Firefox suggests URLs that I have used in the past. Most of the time my desired URL is in the list so I click on it. However, sometimes Firefox ignores my click and tries to connect to a website named whatever I had typed.

Last night this occurred when I had typed only the letter 'a' into Firefox. Little did I know that this would take me to Apple's website. I no longer have to type 80% of Apple's name. Sweet.

Hey! Where Was My Amazing Race?
It's rare when I spend the majority of the evening home (just look at my "WALK IN MY FOOTSTEPS" section). After eating a nice dinner at La Casita with my friend Glenn I strolled home for an evening of Internets and RealiTV. For this TV season my week usually has a nice RealiTV patternHow did I ever manage without my Dish DVR?

However last night there was no The Amazing Race; it has been moved to Wednesdays. WTF CBS? Why fuck with the tv schedule now?

[UPDATE @9:35am]: I just swiped this from today's USA Today
•Amazing switch.The Amazing Race hit a season-low 9.2 million viewers Tuesday, finishing third in the 10 p.m. ET/PT hour, which explains why CBS quickly moved it to 8 ET/PT Wednesdays beginning tonight. No such luck for Monday exiles Out of Practice and Courting Alex, which were benched.
Road Rules
Is it just me or has anyone else noticed a growing trend of people ignoring all traffic rules? I'm as guilty as the next person when it comes to speeding, but all other rules I try to follow, including using that little lever known as the "turn signal." Seriously, people no longer are willing to drive an extra block and turn around when they realize that they are about to miss their turn; instead they'll jump across lanes to "make it." Red lights and turn arrows have become mere "suggestions" in this town. And people are more than willing to block an intersection just so that they don't have to sit through another traffic signal's cycle.

This morning while waiting patiently for an opportunity to make a right on red some guy behind me grew impatient and came around my driver's side in order to make a right-hand turn from the wrong lane. This is my blog so assume that I was completely innocent, but truthfully I was waiting there for no more than thirty seconds watching a stream of traffic pass when he pulled his stunt. Perhaps he was enraged by my heinous act of turning a light on quickly so I could read the fucking clock which does not illuminate in my car...

It's Not Easy Being Green
Simmer down now, this has nothing to do with Muppets. Instead it refers to my confusion with our desire to destroy this planet. When you throw something "away", where is "away?"

This morning at work I witnessed someone prepare a coffee / hot chocolate concoction in a styrofoam cup (issue #1 -- If you work here every day, why not have a ceramic mug that can be reused?). When she poured the coffee into the cup she discovered that it was cold coffee from yesterday. She then poured out the liquid, threw away the styrofoam cup and started the whole process over with a new cup! (issue #2: Was it really necessary to use a second cup? Why in the hell couldn't she have rinsed out the two-minute-old original cup which had touched her lips once and reused it?)

The Streets Are Alive With The Scum Of Pollen
I know, every Atlanta blogger has mentioned the blossoming of the pollen recently. Tonight I'll be braving the pollen, not to mention the traffic, and running through it by meeting up with the six o'clock "B" team at George's. Of course I'll be rewarding myself for this heroic effort with a frosty adult beverage afterwards.

And now for some ideas stolen from LiveJournal...
Current Mood - Not too shabby
Current Music - Sirius Satellite Radio, Channel 26 playing Ted Leo & The Pharmacists -- "Tell Balgeary, Balgury Is Dead".
Website Of The Day - I'm ashamed to admit that I have visited the Reality TV Hall of Shame.

If you ever want a quick glance of the sites I've picked for my Websites Of The Day, you can check them out on del.icio.us, my user name is InsideThePerimeter (go figure), and they are all tagged as "blogged."

Exercise (b)Log - nothing.

Cheers!
Paulie [eatl/ga]