Monday, April 10, 2006

The Ugly Truth

I'm not sure how my iPod knew that I was singing Matthew Sweet's "The Ugly Truth" and the played it as the first song when I set it to play in shuffle mode, but it did. Given that I have 5752 songs loaded onto my iPod there was a 0.017% chance of this happening.

iPod Update
A quick read of Apple's help has allowed me to authorize my computer to upload purchased music to my iPod (who knew that it was as easy as playing the song?)

So, as you can see from this photo (click it for a better view)

Proof That I Make Good On Bets

I've "paid off" my bet.

Supporting The Arts: Part I
I am in for two for three. Huh? On Friday I purchased two three-play subscriptions for the Hertz Theater (at the Woodruff Arts Center). The purchase of two tickets takes me back to my Optomistic Days, back to the days when I would assume that I would have a date for these sort of events. So for those of you planning to put me on your 2007 Dead Pool, you may want to hold off.... at least for now.

[note: This section was originally written on Friday. As of today my outlook is not quite as rosy.]

Supporting The Arts: Part II
Today I will be purchasing a ticket for Saturday night's performance of the play "Permanent Collection" at the Horizon Theatre. Anyone interested in joining me should send me an email on the Paulie Hotline (see that gmail address over under "Holla At Me") so we can hook up for a pre-show beverage.

[update @11:25am - ticket has been purchased]

Looks Like You Can Call Me Shaggy
I've just found out that the person who cuts my hair is in Moscow, and I have no clue how long she will be there. Currently I am about a week past due for getting a haircut. What to do? Go to a new place? Helmet Hairworx, a highly recommended place, just opened a second location, this one within walking distance from ITP Central. Or should I show loyalty and wait for Jessica to return? This would be my normal decision, but I've *just* started going there so no real bonding has occurred. What to do?

Camera Obscura
This weekend has taught me that becoming a professional photographer is not my lot in life. Even with my "fancy" Nikon D50 my images leave much to be desired. I've come to the conclusion that it is that indian and not the arrow, but I refuse to give up. There were a few shots that made me smile, this would be one



And Finally, For Those Reading Before 10am
Tickets for the Arctic Monkeys show to take place on June 10th go on sale today at 10am. Unfortunately they are playing at The Coca-Cola Roxy, so I think the only way to secure tickets is through The Man.

[update @10:03am - In addition to the $22 ticket, The Man wants over $10 in fees. Fuck Them!]

And now for some ideas stolen from LiveJournal...
Current Mood - fair
Current Music - Sirius Satellite Radio, Channel 26 playing Arctic Monkeys -- "A Certain Romance"
Website Of The Day - There haven't been too many constants in my adult life, my love of beer would be one -- so Here's To Beer.

If you ever want a quick glance of the sites I've picked for my Websites Of The Day, you can check them out on del.icio.us, my user name is InsideThePerimeter (go figure), and they are all tagged as "blogged."

Exercise (b)Log - running, 5 miles on Friday; running, 7.5 miles on Sunday

Cheers!
Paulie [eatl/ga]