Tuesday, December 13, 2005

On The First Day Of Christmas

On my walk to my car last night I saw that The Vortex in Little Five Points was closed. Anyone know why? They are normally open seven days a week.

I Was Ready For Some Football
To be over! Seriously when the fourth quarter of a game starts at midnight there is something completely fucked up. My buddies and I left sometime in the fourth quarter.

Because some moron decided to schedule the last Falcons home game the same day as Cheddarhead 2006 last night's game was the last one that I will be attending this year.

Look Who's Talking
Apparently I am not the only one who sees the flaws in the Monday Night Football scheduling. While listening to the end of the game on Dave FM I heard a reported talking who didn't realize that his microphone was hot (on). He was complaining about how late that he would be getting out of the dome, and was talking about sending someone home because of the time. It was really funny and lasted only a few minutes before someone in their control room realized what was happening. When the station returned from momentary silence all was fixed.

What's In A Name?
If you were going to open a hair salon would you name it Grow? What about Helmet? These are just two names of places here in town that confuse me since they seem contrary to the service that they provide.

What do I know, I still expect restaurants near office buildings to be open for lunch...

Another CD You Should Have Bought This Year
Yep, I'm doing it again. There is nothing released today (that Metacritic reports) that thrills me, so I will enlighten you to a CD I bought this year that you probably did not.

My CD Suggestion Of The Week is The Faint's "Wet From Birth". Technically I believe that this CD was released in 2004, but that shouldn't dissuade you from buying it. "Wet From Birth" is an upbeat (in rhythm not necessarily in emotion) CD that I listen to when I need to be charged up (yes, I listen to it often).

And now for some ideas stolen from LiveJournal...
Current Mood - meh
Current Music - Sirius Satellite Radio, Channel 26 playing Athlete -- "Wires"
Website Of The Day - This one goes out to all my friends who are giving birth soon -- Diaper Free Baby: How to toilet-train before two.

If you ever want a quick glance of the sites I've picked for my Websites Of The Day, you can check them out on del.icio.us, my user name is InsideThePerimeter (go figure), and they are all tagged as "blogged."

Exercise (b)Log - walking, 4 miles

Cheers!
Paulie [eatl/ga]