Monday, December 05, 2005

Boom! Boom! Out Go The Lights

The first two light switches I turned on this morning blew the light bulbs. Hmmm, I hope that this was not an indicator of things to come today...

Old Man Take A Look At My Life
I think that I am becoming a hermit. Seriously, I think that I am. I have been spending an increasing amount of time at home alone. This does not make me happy.

Saturday is a good example, because I never left the house. Well, I walked to the mailbox to get my mail at 8pm, but other than that I never left my house. I could easily blame the weather because it was about 40 degrees and rained on Saturday, but I know that the weather is not soley to blame.

Project 192
Last winter I went through the arduous task of ripping all of my CDs to mp3s. At the time I wasn't sure about the process or the amount of disk space necessary for my collection so I ripped everything at 160kbps. At project's end I swore never to go through it again.

On Saturday morning I started re-ripping my collection at 192kpbs. While it doesn't sound like the music will sound that much better I am certain that it is worth the effort. And now that I have a mp3 player that has three times the capacity of my old one I should still be able to carry my entire collection with me.

On the downside, I spent the entire day Saturday feeding my computer CDs for ripping and I am only about one-third through my collection. Also, I will be unable to rip those CDs that are no longer physically in my collection.

The Eyes Have It
The last few months I've been getting a lot of professional help (none of the mental variety that I should probably seek).

Today's trip is to the eye doctor (I am might even be there as you read this). Yes, after much neglect I am finally getting a checkup and some new specs. I normally request the help of a female when picking out glasses, but who knows when I'll be dating again so I can't afford to wait.

The good thing about my eye doctor is that it is in Colony Square so I can hop off Marta, stroll over to the doctor, and then go back to Marta to go to work. Pretty cool, eh? I entertained the though of taking today off from work (hey, I worked Friday!) and then going over to the High Museum after the optometrist, but then I remembered that the High is not open on Mondays.

SPAM SPAM Everywhere!
Last week I received a text message on my cell phone. While getting a message is not unheard of, this message was from Sprint (my provider) informing me of some new services. Dammit, I pay my bill on time each month, leave me the fuck alone!

Also the other day I received an email telling me that I had a new Flickr contact (whose name escapes me currently). This would normally make me happy. However in this instance I found out that my new contact wanted me to check out some website about music. Crap, now I am getting spam through Flickr?

Please stop this nonsense!

And now for some ideas stolen from LiveJournal...
Current Mood - bothered
Current Music - nothing
Website Of The Day - In case I can't see anything today I should have downloaded some free public domain audio books from LibriVox.

If you ever want a quick glance of the sites I've picked for my Websites Of The Day, you can check them out on del.icio.us, my user name is InsideThePerimeter (go figure), and they are all tagged as "blogged."

Exercise (b)Log - running/walking, seven miles

Cheers!
Paulie [eatl/ga]