Friday, December 02, 2005

I'm Not Supposed To Be Here Today

It's a Friday between Thanksgiving and New Year's, WTF am I doing at work?!?

Walk Like An Atlantan
Possessing a Marta card has changed my perspective on Atlanta. Big statement? Yep. True? Yep.

Yesterday I planned to ride Marta to my car, dump off my stuff and then walk to Decatur. I figured that with my card I could ride Marta back to my car. Instead on the southbound ride I had a change of mind. The train was crowded last night and I figured that waiting for Marta at 10:30pm for my return trip would be a pain in the ass. So, I hopped off at Midtown and walked to Candler Park.

According to Gmap Pedometer my route was exactly four miles and the trip took me one hour, fifteen minutes. The weather was perfect, the walk was fun, and it allowed my to catch up on some podcasts on the new iPod. I wish I had thought of this a couple of months ago.

TV Watch
Tonight BBC America is debuting a new series (at least here in the States) called Creature Comforts.

The series is from Nick Parks' (think Wallace and Grommit) studios and consists of short films that puts the voices from humans into the mouths of animals.

I think it could be quite good.

Business 2.0
There are now four new restaurants that are not open for lunch in the unnamed plaza across from my office. I thought it was just Outback Steakhouse that didn't have a clue, but apparently idiocy is abundant over there. Nice job Cheeseburgers In Paradise, Carrabba's, and Flemings, you shan't be seeing any of my business.

And now for some ideas stolen from LiveJournal...
Current Mood - conflicted
Current Music - Sirius Satellite Radio, Channel 26 playing Morrissey == "Irish Blood, English Heart"
Website Of The Day - TV Party has a pretty good site (except for their allowance of pop up ads [even in Firefox]), but you should really read their article about the Rankin/Bass classic "Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer" "Rudolph: The Untold Story".

If you ever want a quick glance of the sites I've picked for my Websites Of The Day, you can check them out on del.icio.us, my user name is InsideThePerimeter (go figure), and they are all tagged as "blogged."

Exercise (b)Log - four mile walk

Cheers!
Paulie [eatl/ga]