Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Thong, Not A Thong, Not A Thing

This was the name of a game mentioned on the latest Five Hundy By Midnight podcast. The name of this game just cracks me up! I think you can figure out the game from the name...

Oh Macy's Parade, Why Must You Now Suck?
I finally got around to watching my recording of this year's Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade. I used to love watching the parade on tv, but like everything else the tv executives have completely fucked it up. It's way too commercial (a lot like trying to watch the World Series now) and has too many commercials (a lot like the rest of tv programming, but my PVR takes care of that). No even the presence of Hanna Storm (have I ever mentioned my love for Hannah, especially in her shorter-haired CNN days?) could get me to watch more than ten minutes before deleting the program from my hard drive.

There Is Trouble In The Land Of Meet The Hashers
We've been in a real funk lately. Last night I missed every sports question asked. Shit, one of the answers was my favorite basketball team, the NY Knicks, and I still didn't know the answer.

We gathered last night at Johnny's Pizza in Inman Park. Thankfully, the game had a substitute host who handled the game much better than the other guy. Unfortunately, we wagered it all on the final (sports) question and fell to the bottom of the barrel. Well, at least the food was good and cheap.

CD Pick Of The Week
I am going to play this game a little differently for a while, at least until there is something released that I feel is worth purchasing (hate The Darkness, INXS is no longer the real INXS and I have never been a Shakira listener).

Today I am going to recommend a CD that was released earlier in the year that you probably either never heard about, or didn't think it was worth a purchase.

Therefore, today I suggest you give Grandaddy's EP called "Excerpts from the Diary of Todd Zilla" a listen.

And now for some ideas stolen from LiveJournal...
Current Mood - prickly
Current Music - Sirius Satellite Radio, Channel 26 playing Ween -- "Tastes Good On The Bun"
Website Of The Day - Get even more insight into the Mac World via the Non Stop Mac website.

If you ever want a quick glance of the sites I've picked for my Websites Of The Day, you can check them out on del.icio.us, my user name is InsideThePerimeter (go figure), and they are all tagged as "blogged."

Exercise (b)Log - nothing, I watched a lot of football yesterday

Cheers!
Paulie [eatl/ga]