Wednesday, December 07, 2005

C'mon Marta Get Things Fixed!

This morning I nearly missed the train because none of the turnstyles would read my Marta card! This is fucking insane! I am trying to be a customer, your facilites should allow me to be one.

Apparently Marta Thought I Needed More Walking
I should have known that when I decided to ride the eastbound train last night that I was in trouble. All the signs were there
  • The platform was very crowded
  • A shorter shuttle-train went through Five Points "out of service"
But no, I got on the train anyway.

After five minutes of waiting to depart the King Memorial station, we were all instructed to get off the train and board the one that was on our tail. Yeah right, like all of us were going to be able to get on the next train. It was at that point I decided to walk.

From The Office Of Redundancy Office
While walking home on the southside of DeKalb Avenue I had the following thought- "Hey I don't remember this sidewalk being here when I walked the night the guy tried to kill himself." And I was right! As I kept walking I encountered the newly poured section (no, I did not write anything in it).

Why the fuck are they pouring a second sidewalk when a sidewalk already runs the length of the north side of DeKalb Avenue? There are soooo many places that need a sidewalk (Buford Highway, perhaps?) why are they pouring this one?

I Spoke Too Soon About Starbucks
Yep, yesterday I was in error. On my walk to the Sandy Springs Marta station last night I saw that there is indeed a Starbucks in the shopping center that contains the big movie theater. Bummer!

Doh! I Forgot Yesterday Was Tuesday
Eh, there weren't any new releases that thrilled me. So, much like last week I'll point you toward another cd I purchased this year.

This week's CD Purchase Of The Week goes to The Zutons, "Who Killed... The Zutons." Oh, I know of at least one Zutons hata out there, but she of course is wrong.

Which Means Today Must Be Wednesday
And on this Wednesday I will be drinking with the bloggers at McCray's Tavern in Midtown. Come join us, won't you?

And now for some ideas stolen from LiveJournal...
Current Mood - fair
Current Music - none, I am listening to Harry Shearer's "Le Show" podcast
Website Of The Day - Oh you knew dating would leap to the iPod, right? PodDater is a dating service for iPodders. btw- don't look for me, you won't find me because I have given up.

If you ever want a quick glance of the sites I've picked for my Websites Of The Day, you can check them out on del.icio.us, my user name is InsideThePerimeter (go figure), and they are all tagged as "blogged."

Exercise (b)Log - walking, 2.4 miles

Cheers!
Paulie [eatl/ga]