Thursday, December 01, 2005

So Hungry I Could Die!

Not really, I have enough body "reserve" to allow me to survive for days.

Graveyard Tavern: Opening Night
This restaurant commentary needs to be taken with a grain of salt. Get it? Grain of salt! I'm here als the week...

All of East Atlanta, and probably most the surrounding neighborhoods crammed Graveyard Tavern last night. It was the place to be, unless you were very hungry or thirsty. Anyone who showed up for the first night should have expected it to be slammed, and I definitely was.

My meetup was with my friends Glenn, Bill and Sonya, although I was also happy to see my friends Darren, Laura and Kat in attendance as well. Here are my opening night impressions
  • The restaurant is beautiful (reminding me of an old train depot).
  • They have dartboards and snooker.
  • The bar is spectacular!
  • The restaurant is (at least for now) non-smoking! (good for me)
  • The beer list (what matters to me) is robust.
  • The food was okay
I will return.

I Will Support!
Last night reminded me that I have been neglecting my 'hood. I plan to live more of my life in East Atlanta, and if you ever want to meetup for a meal or beverage, let me know.

But Tonight I'll Be In Decatur
If all goes to plan I'll be playing trivia with the Chattooga County All-Stars at Raging Burrito in Decatur tonight. The plan also includes using yesterday's plan by doing some extra walking tonight. If you see me trudging along Dekalb Avenue tonight, feel free to honk at me.

Well, I Thought I Had Paid Off My Car
I just knew that it couldn't be that simple. Yes, my attempt at paying my car last month failed. Apparently I didn't understand their system (not really my fault because I tried hard to do so) and I have one more payment to go. RATS!

And now for some ideas stolen from LiveJournal...
Current Mood - fair
Current Music - none, I am listening to the MacCast podcast
Website Of The Day - Are you bored? Go to Meetup.com and find events that you'll find interesting.

If you ever want a quick glance of the sites I've picked for my Websites Of The Day, you can check them out on del.icio.us, my user name is InsideThePerimeter (go figure), and they are all tagged as "blogged."

Exercise (b)Log - nothing

Cheers!
Paulie [eatl/ga]