Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Walking The Line

Waist Not, Want Not
Hmmm, it seems that I've become better at gaining weight than losing it. So, expect to see my (slimming) ass (although it's really the waistline that needs work) walking more. I've devised a plan that in addition to working out more, I am going to see if I can get off Marta one stop (or more) away from my destination and walk the extra distance.

There's Lovin In My Oven!
Wow, I saw a commercial the other day for a new Pillsbury product, Pillsbury Perfect Portions Biscuits. W00t!

I LOVE biscuits. I can make biscuits, but then wind up eating far too many. While I'd prefer my biscuits over Pillsbury's, this is a good compromise for me.

Now Accepting Reservations For 2006
The observant of you will notice that I've already booked a concert for 2006. Alright, it's not that far away when you consider that December 1st is tomorrow.

Much like my prediction that the Clap Your Hands Say Yeah show would sell out, I think this She Wants Revenge show will also sell out.

Speaking of CYHSH I heard from my friend Randy that NPR did a piece on them yesterday. Unfortunately, I heard his message this morning so I missed the piece. If anyone knows where I can get it, please let me know.

Is That A Video iPod In My Pocket Or Am I Happy To See You?
Perhaps both! Yes kiddies, my 60GB video iPod hath arrived! My entire music collection, podcasts, vidcasts, photos, all in my pocket. Oh my!



And for the Artsy Types in the crowd



"Another toy!" you say? Look, some of you find signficant others, take extravagent trips, get married, have kids, yadda, yadda, yadda. My inability to find love has afforded me to remain a child and continue to buy toys.

Psst Podcasts... Nobody Wants To Hear Commercials
I am getting frustrated at the number of podcasts that are starting to play commercials. I understand making podcasts costs money, and that people who are putting their hard work into making said podcasts want to get paid, but the reason that people hate commercial radio (and have adopted podcasts) is because they all sound the same and are blighted by commercials.

Unlike my beloved Dish Network DVR there is no concept of thirty-second skip in the podcast world either, so I am forced to listen to these annoying ads. Well, that will stop as of today, because I am going to stop listening to commercial-filled podcasts. I left the world of commercial radio behind, I can certainly do the same to podcasts.

Meet Me At The Graveyard
Eventhough I am as thick as a brick I will be attending the soft opening of the Graveyard Tavern in East Atlanta tonight. My little 'hood has suffered of late, so I want to celebrate an opening instead of mourn a closing.

Come share a beer with me tonight, won't you?

And now for some ideas stolen from LiveJournal...
Current Mood - myWeight[January] + 5
Current Music - Sirius Satellite Radio, Channel 26 playing The Rakes -- "Work Work Work (Pub Club Sleep)"
Website Of The Day - Want to publish your Great American Novel (or buy somebody else's)? You can do both at Lulu.

If you ever want a quick glance of the sites I've picked for my Websites Of The Day, you can check them out on del.icio.us, my user name is InsideThePerimeter (go figure), and they are all tagged as "blogged."

Exercise (b)Log - nothing

Cheers!
Paulie [eatl/ga]