Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Time, Distance, And Spaces

The Hands Of Time
Since I started riding Marta I've had the desire to know what time it is while on the train. At first I would use my cell phone, but then that became difficult to dig out of my pocket. I then put the clock on the main screen of my iPod, but then I didn't want to keep pulling my iPod out of my pocket.

My solution? Wear a watch. (duh!)

I've owned watches for years ('cause that's how I roll). However, I discovered that it's been so long that the batteries in all of my non-sports watches had died.

Last night I took my watches over to It's About Time in Perimeter Mall and had new batteries installed (at a fairly resonable price). I also learned a valuable lesson. When transporting more than one watch, with at least one of those having a metal band, cover their crystals. Yes, I managed to scratch the crystal of one of the watches. Argh, I feel like such a putz!

Walking In A Winter Wonderland
A large meal at Great Wraps (hey, I was in the mall...) convinced me that I should temporarily lose my mind and do the four-mile walk from the Midtown station to the Candler Park station again. Well call me Captain Consistency, because much like the first time I attempted this feat the walk last night took my one hour and fifteen minutes (according to the watch I was wearing).

This walk was fantastic! I looked around, listened to a podcast, and got exercise! I've determined that when the weather is on the warmer side again, I will leave everything at work and turn the walk into a run.

A Billboard Storefront?
One of the other things I love about walking is the things you notice that you might not otherwise.

Last night I again saw that "billboard storefront" for San Pellegrino bottled water on North Highland. Because it is all white I initially thought it might be an advert for an iPod, but it obviously is not once you look at it. If you want to look at it, it sits between some swank boutique and some swank hair salon. What, that doesn't narrow it down? Well, it's near the intersection of St. Charles and N. Highland.

Starbucks Wherefore Art Thou Starbucks?
I think I work in one of the few places that Starbucks has yet to invade. There may be one in that new Super Target, or in the Barnes & Noble (that I've yet to enter) so I could be wrong. I know that I've not seen a stand-alone store in my foot-travels. Starbucks fanboys and fangirls - please let me know if I am wrong.

And now for some ideas stolen from LiveJournal...
Current Mood - meh, mad that I fell asleep so early last night
Current Music - nothing, listening to the Leo Laporte's "KFI Tech Guy" podcast
Website Of The Day - Have you stayed at the Len Foote Hike Inn in north Georgia yet? I've just renewed my "Friend Of" membership. Do yourself a favor and "get away from it all" for a weekend.

If you ever want a quick glance of the sites I've picked for my Websites Of The Day, you can check them out on del.icio.us, my user name is InsideThePerimeter (go figure), and they are all tagged as "blogged."

Exercise (b)Log - walking, four miles

Cheers!
Paulie [eatl/ga]