Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Twas The Day Before Thanksgiving

Things For Which I Am Thankful: Part 3
Probably the thing I am most thankful for is the large number of friends I have. Without their friendship and support things in my life would be a lot different.

Beard On!
Arrr, I am returning to Brown(+grey) Beard the pirate! So friends, when you see me looking disheveled, fear not because I've not lost my job (as of today at least), and I may not be on a drinking bender.

At least having a beard can't dimish the regularity of getting dates.

My Last Trip To The Mall This Year...
Was taken via Marta no less!

I jumped off of Marta at Buckhead last night and walked to Lenox Mall. It was quite a fun experience, actually. For a second it was like I was living in a city that was not in love with the automobile. Unfortunately I didn't see anything I wanted (to buy, at least). However I did eat one of my standard dinners, chinese food out of a styrofoam box.

I used to love going to the mall and people (read "girl") watch. However, in the last decade or so this seems to depress me more than entertain me, so I have a habit of avoiding the mall during the Christmas buying season. Since I rarely have Christmas gifts to buy, this has never really been a hardship.

If You Are Looking For A Xbox360...
Good Luck!

In addition to checking at GameStop in the mall, I walked to Target and CompUSA at lunchtime yesterday. To be honest, I wasn't really looking for a Xbox360, but I figured that if I happened to stumble across one, I'd buy it. Ironically, my misfortune of not finding one helped me from spending a fortune.

More Marta Hopping
Today I'll be hopping off the train in order to pick up my half-marathon packet at Colony Square before heading over to George's bar for my tradition pre-Thanksgiving beer.

I am debating on whether to walk from Colony Square to the Highlands, and then in turn walk to my car after drinking. More than likely I'll walk back to the train station from Colony Square so that I don't have the long walk back to my car late at night.

And If You Are On The Roads...
Please be careful out there. As can be imagined, there will be many more cars on the road over the next few days (more cars on Atlanta's highways is almost not comprehensible to me). Prepare for longer commute times and remember to always look out for the other guy because he or she are probably not looking out for you.

And for those of you who are in countries which are not celebrating Thanksgiving tomorrow, have a great Thursday!

And now for some ideas stolen from LiveJournal...
Current Mood - afraid tomorrow's thirteen miles will hurt badly
Current Music - none, listening to the Mac Geek Gab podcast
Website Of The Day - The History Channel's history of Thanksgiving.

If you ever want a quick glance of the sites I've picked for my Websites Of The Day, you can check them out on del.icio.us, my user name is InsideThePerimeter (go figure), and they are all tagged as "blogged."

Exercise (b)Log - nothing; why start training for tomorrow's half-marathon now?

Cheers!
Paulie [eatl/ga]