Friday, November 25, 2005

Twas The Day After Thanksgiving

psst- the Apple Store is having a One-Day Sale (even online)

Marta N00bs Are So Precious
I love riding Marta with people who never have. They usually look like a deer in headlights when the try to figure out if the train arriving at Five Points is the one that they want. For some reason no one believed me when I tried to convince them that the North Springs train was a Men's train and that the Doraville one was the train for Ladies (Of course I would get on that train and act as a Marta Ambassador).

Why Did My Feet Fail Me Now?
Say what you will about my (lack of) training, but I almost had a fantastic run yesterday. Buoyed by the crazy amount of good looking runners (read "girls") I was tromping along at a great clip (for me)... until mile eleven. At the eleven-mile mark the arches of my feet were screaming bloody murder, forcing me to have to walk for a little while.

In the end I finished, not as quickly as I desired, but far from last as well. The beer I had packed for the end made the journey worth it...

And Then The Feasting Began
After crashing hard from the run and the beer consumed thereafter, I awoke to shower and go out to have a great Thanksgiving dinner. For the last five years my friends Stacey and Andy have invited me to their house for Thanksgiving dinner. These kids know how to serve up a Thanksgiving feast!

Oh, and remember those Thanksgiving Jones Sodas I blogged about here? Stacey and Andy also purchased a pack and we sampled them as apertifs. I thought that they were all rather disgusting...

Normally dinner is followed by my annual PS2 Madden ass-whooping (my ass gets whooped). Luckily for me this year dinner was followed by a dog walk and watching of Pirates of the Caribbean (mmmm Keira Knightly).

For as many years as I have been hashing there has also been a huge "Thanksgiving orphans" gathering which occurs out in Tucker. Each year I hope to rally late and make it over for a nightcap and dessert, but last night as in the past I was too tired to make an appearance.

And now for some ideas stolen from LiveJournal...
Current Mood - my feet hurt
Current Music - none, watching tv
Website Of The Day - Want to see who's selling what today? Go to the Black Friday ads website.

If you ever want a quick glance of the sites I've picked for my Websites Of The Day, you can check them out on del.icio.us, my user name is InsideThePerimeter (go figure), and they are all tagged as "blogged."

Exercise (b)Log - running 13.1 miles, 2 hours 12 minutes
Cheers!
Paulie [eatl/ga]