Thursday, March 23, 2006

These Are The Hardest Days

Most days I start out with a concept for the daily blog. Today I am drawing a complete blank. Keep reading nonetheless, sometimes you can polish a turd...

An Update On ITP Central
My linux firewall (now running Ubuntu) is still not operational. I blame my Manager/Agent (me) for scheduling too much stuff during the week and weekend trips. Some of you may notice that I have occasionally been able to reply/respond during the day, that's been accomplished through the use of my portable devices and the limited ability to find a free WiFi signal. Hopefully this weekend I will be back online. I appreciate your patience with my slow email responses.

I'll See You And Raise You $10
With half of Digital 101 over (oh crap, must remember to do homework) I am considering signing up for Digital 102. When I went on to the Showcase School's website today I noticed that they have raised the price of their classes by $10. Don't get me wrong, I still think that the price is reasonable, I was just startled to see a price increase.

Loving The Prime!!!
A while ago I mentioned a free three-month trial for Amazon Prime that I passed on. Well, since then I have actually signed up for the trial and am loving it! Free two-day shipping on everything! I realize that I will do more shopping at Amazon, which is exactly what they want, but if I can get near-realtime gratification for eighty dollars a year I think it's money well spent.

So That's What You Learn In Athens...
I was going to make this today's website of the day, but the opportunity to give more space to Virtual Vaudeville and dig at the University of Georgia was just too tempting.

Yes you read that right, Virtual Vaudeville. Fuck, not even I am old enough to remember Vaudeville. However, thanks to the scholars over at UGA I can experience the heydey of Vaudeville while sitting at my twenty-first century desk. Woof. Woof. Woof.

Seeking To Expand The ITP Empire
Like I need another excuse to spend money, I am looking to buy a little recorder that I can sneak into to venues to attempt a little recording (I blame you internets for making me a bad man). I know that iPod (which you know that I am an owner) has killed off many of the other mp3 players, but if you have a suggestion that's
  • currently manufactured
  • has line-in for a mic
  • produces decent sound recordings
I'd like to hear about it. If I can buy it at Amazon, I might even be happier...

And now for some ideas stolen from LiveJournal...
Current Mood - blank
Current Music - listening to the "Perfect Head" podcast
Website Of The Day - Have to do presentations you say? Don't want to resort to Powerpoint (boring!)? Then give Thumbstacks a try. It's filled with Web2.0 goodness!

If you ever want a quick glance of the sites I've picked for my Websites Of The Day, you can check them out on del.icio.us, my user name is InsideThePerimeter (go figure), and they are all tagged as "blogged."

Exercise (b)Log - nothing (twice something out of my control got in the way. I am not happy)

Cheers!
Paulie [eatl/ga]