Thursday, March 16, 2006

Feeling Perky

Cup Of Joe To Go
I couldn't help but stop for some coffee on my way in today. And, my morning *cough* drive *cough* options are growing. In addition to Joe's Coffee, I can now stop at Perk (site under construction) in Glenwood Park (a little bit out of my commute path), or the newly-opened Inman Perk Coffee. However, being a slave to routine and hoping to see the lovely Ellen at Joe's I keep returnign to Joe's.

Why iTunes? Why?
For some strange reason all of the podcasts in my iTunes Podcast library at work were duplicated yesterday. Naturally (since I am anal-retentive) I went through and deleted the duplications and cleared out my Recycle Bin after I was done. Only then did I realize that my efforts effectively wiped out all of my podcasts because I must have deleted only the originals. Dammit!

On a brighter note I heard a great iTunes tip on the MacCast podcast that I listened to yesterday. For some time I have been bothered that podcasts show up in my main iTunes library. This was especially bothersome in the past when I tried to delete a lot of music from my library without deleting the podcasts. Yesterday's MacCast podcast taught me how to eliminate (without deleting) the podcasts from the library listing.

Here's how:
While you are viewing your iTunes library, click on "Edit" menu and then select "Search Bar". With the Search Bar visible you can click on "Music" and it will filter out anything that is not a music file. Cool! At least I think so...

Bracketology
This time of year I always find a fiver to give to "charity" (read "someone who understands college basketball much more than I do"). If you are feeling charitable too, feel free to click on my bracket shown below and make a copy. Go ahead, give until it hurts...

NCAA Bracket 2006

And now for some ideas stolen from LiveJournal...
Current Mood - okay, but the weather is so perfect that I wish I had taken the day off from work in order to go out and play with my camera
Current Music - Sirius Satellite Radio, Channel 26 playing The Plastic Constellations -- "Sancho Panza" (they sound a lot like 311 to me)
Website Of The Day - You say you can't find the new music on the Interweb? Well my friend, have you tried going to Elbows the mp3 blog aggregator? I didn't think so...

If you ever want a quick glance of the sites I've picked for my Websites Of The Day, you can check them out on del.icio.us, my user name is InsideThePerimeter (go figure), and they are all tagged as "blogged."

Exercise (b)Log - running, 6 miles (the Emory course)

Cheers!
Paulie [eatl/ga]