Tuesday, March 21, 2006

I'm Not A Lumberjack, But I'm Okay

I now am 100% lumberjack-free as the winter beard has been shed. This will become ironic if the caricature of myself that I commissioned ever arrives. I guess I'll have to commission a clean-shaven Paulie caricature now...

When two people in as many days tell you how old you look with a beard it's time to make a change.

Thick As A Brick
I just don't seem to get this whole digital SLR thing. The pictures I took for my second homework assignment are just shit. I know, patience Grasshopper. Patience is a virtue that I don't have in large supplies.

In addition I've still got that whole "I am afraid that this new camera is broken and that I'll have to give it up for some period of time so that it can be repaired" phobia. Why? Because unfortunately for me, that's the way my life works.

Built To Spill No Longer Built To Perform
I received an email yesterday informing me that I was to receive a refund for the Built To Spill / Camper van Beethoven show at the Variety Playhouse in May. Apparently at least a portion of the tour has been cancelled. Pity, I was really looking forward to it.

Closing Of An Era
Fat Asian Baby has shut down. Fear not, she has not gotten in trouble with the law, instead I have read that she has been offered an offer she can't refuse, but one that requires her to kill the blog. I look forward to seeing the creations that come from her in the future...

Since Shoobie hasn't been a regular blogger recently, keep an eye on this space to learn about corned beef announcements. (fyi - I'm not Jewish, but since I am half-Irish I consider myself to be qualified to make these announcements)

Apparently You Don't Read My Blog, Do You?
Not you, you are very attentive...

Yesterday I received a piece of spam (which somehow made it through the filters) sent to the email associated with this blog. What made this message noteworthy was that it was kindly informing me of an upcoming bridal event that will be taking place in Atlanta in the near future.

Um, I am neither female, nor have I been on a date in over a fucking year! (issues, I apparently have issues)

As you can tell, for some reason being reminded of these facts (the no-dates, not necessary the lack of a second X chromosome) has bothered me. Meh!

Music Worth Buying?
The number of the count shall be twenty, not nineteen nor twenty-one, but twenty. That's how many new (American) releases there are today according to Metacritic. Perusing the list I see a few entries that I might consider.

First there is the release of "The Back Room" by The Editors (I looked for their site, but google returns to many generic hits). I've heard a couple of songs of this disc via a podcast that escapes me right now and thought that they had a decent sound.

Another release that sounds good to me is the release of "Bring It Back" by Mates Of State, who if you are not doing something stupid like riding 50 miles in north Georgia on April 1st, will be playing in Atlanta on March 31st at the Variety Playhouse1.

1 : Not that I could make the show even if I wasn't riding because I would be going to see The Minus 5 at Smith's Olde Bar on that evening instead.

And now for some ideas stolen from LiveJournal...
Current Mood - blah
Current Music - listening to the "Perfect Head" podcast (sorry, it's neither about beer nor sex. it's a music podcast)
Website Of The Day - I need a good laugh today so I think that I will be creating my own silly walks using Monty Python's Silly Walks Generator a lot.

If you ever want a quick glance of the sites I've picked for my Websites Of The Day, you can check them out on del.icio.us, my user name is InsideThePerimeter (go figure), and they are all tagged as "blogged."

Exercise (b)Log - nothing

Cheers!
Paulie [eatl/ga]