Monday, March 20, 2006

Back From Black

I've Never Been So Cold In My Life
I drove up to Black Rock Mountain knowing that it was going to be cold. I drove up to Black Rock Mountain knowing that there would be a huge campfire. I drove up to Black Rock Mountain knowing that I would be consuming massive quantities of alcohol. I assumed that the latter two would help me overcome the first.

After failing "Mission #1" (left for the reader to interpret) on Friday night I left the campfire after "Buzzkill" ("PMS" to hashers in the know) shut down the loud, drunken singing and went into my tent to snuggle in my sleeping bag. I'm not sure how many times I woke up shivering and absolutely miserable. On Saturday morning I vowed to pack up my tent and leave.

Of course after I started drinking again on Saturday morning the concept of leaving camp was forgotten, although the agony of the previous night was not.

When one of the hashers asked me if I wanted to spend the night on the unclaimed couch in the cabin they were renting, my only question was "What time are you all heading up there?" I may be dumb, but I am not stupid.

Here's what happens when hashers are left to their own devices.



Think Of All The Time I Will Save!
My weight is completely out of control. Could it be the food? Could it be the drinking? Could it be the lack of exercise? Yes. Yes. Yes.

For me gaining weight is like a criminal returning to prison. I can't go back. I can't go back!

Until I can get my weight in check I will be abstaining from eating out, attempting to drink less (I know that I do not want to give it up completely), and will be exercising more. I won't be in shape for the wedding that I will be attending in April, but hopefully I'll be in the shape I want to be in before the two I will be attending in October.

Nothing Like A Good Scare In The Morning
While trying to get some of my homework done for my photography class, my brand new Nikon dSLR decided not to play along. As the cold sweat emerged from my pores, I pulled the memory card, said a quick prayer, turned it off and on again, and then it decided to play.

Not being able to complete my homework doesn't bother me much, what does scare me is that I just bought it and it wouldn't work. I hope that this is not an indication how it is going to behave the entire time that I own it...

And now for some ideas stolen from LiveJournal...
Current Mood - bummed and hungry
Current Music - none, Adam Curry's "Daily Source Code" podcast
Website Of The Day - Unless my camera craps out, I will be visiting Just Show Me How as an additional learning tool.

If you ever want a quick glance of the sites I've picked for my Websites Of The Day, you can check them out on del.icio.us, my user name is InsideThePerimeter (go figure), and they are all tagged as "blogged."

Exercise (b)Log - hashing, ? miles up at Black Rock

Cheers!
Paulie [eatl/ga]