Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Pass The Dutchie, It's A Mostly Musical Edition Of ITP

No Farhfugnugen For Yougen
Followers of this season's The Amazing Race will now know that Atlanta's own Wanda and Desiree have been eliminated.

IMHO their grave error was letting Wanda (mother) drive the Autobahn. You'd think that driving on 285 or on the Connector should have prepared her for this, but apparently not.

On a side note: Every time I hear that somebody is from "Atlanta" I want to know if they are really from Atlanta or one of the surrounding areas that can get lumped in as being part of Atlanta. Oh wait, I just read in their bio that Wanda is from Smyrna while Desiree is from New York.

I'm Sorry, But You Are Not The Cars
I know that you call yourselves The New Cars because your band consists of Elliot Easton (btw if anyone has his solo release "Change No Change" on CD please let me know) and Greg Hawkes. However, the lack of the major forces behind the original The Cars (Ric Ocasek [apparently not interested], Benjamin Orr [R.I.P.]) means that your really stretching the truth.

This would be like Peter Criss (holy shit, he looks like a morph between Martin Short and my dentist) and Ace Frehley getting The New Kiss together without including Gene Simmons and Paul Stanley.

Having said all that, I'd actually pay to go see this new lineup if not for the fact that they are scheduled to play at Chastain Ampitheater. I. Loath. Chastain.

MMM Is For Music
It wasn't until I sat down to rip my new CDs to mp3's that I realized what I had done. The last three CDs I have purchased are by bands whose name start with 'M'. Manchester Orchestra's "You Brainstorm, I Brainstorm, Brilliance Needs An Editor" (purchased a few weeks back at their show), Matt Pond PA's "Several Arrows Later" (purchased last night at Decatur CD) and The Minus 5's "The Minus 5 (The Gun Album)" (also purchased last night). [before you say "But The Minus 5 starts with a 'T'!" keep in mind I store it as "Minus 5, The"]

Of the three the Manchester Orchestra disc is the one that will most likely get the most play. Although they borrow heavily from Death Cab For Cutie and Bright Eyes the songs on the disc are very well crafted (with the exception of the cough that appears in the final track).

Ground Thyself Lazy Man
I was supposed to go to The EARL to see The Selmanaires and The Joggers last evening. However, since I didn't get any exercise in prior to the show, I grounded myself. Childish? Perhaps. Effective? Only time will tell...

And So That I Don't Repeat History
You think "It's Wednesday, Paulie must be heading to George's tonight." I say "Nope." This month's Thursday Night dinner group is meeting up on a Wednesday this month. So that I don't have to repeat last night's punishment I will force myself to run at lunch.

And now for some ideas stolen from LiveJournal...
Current Mood - getting there
Current Music - Sirius Satellite Radio Channel 26, playing The Replacements -- "Androgynous"
Website Of The Day - I just heard about a music magazine called Performer. The have three regional editions. For those of us in the Dirty South, I suggest reading their Southeast Edition.

If you ever want a quick glance of the sites I've picked for my Websites Of The Day, you can check them out on del.icio.us, my user name is InsideThePerimeter (go figure), and they are all tagged as "blogged."

Exercise (b)Log - nothing

Cheers!
Paulie [eatl/ga]