Tuesday, March 28, 2006

The 'R' Is Silent

I've determined that it's very rare when I correctly type the word "your." So if you ever receive an email from me which contains a line like this
Why don't we meet at you house at 9.
you should understand that it's not my New York accent bleeding through, just some mental typing block.

I also have a problem with typing "in the" which always comes out as "int he" thanks to many years of C programming.

Look Who's Healthy
I received a voicemail from my doctor's office yesterday giving me the news that I am as healthy as a horse. I've got good blood pressure, my urinalysis came back clean, cholesterol levels are fine, no hernia, and nothing unexpected happening where there's a sign that says "Do Not Enter." Sure there are the issues of drinking too much and needing to drop some weight, but must we pick nits?

Killer Cereal, Not Cereal Killer
I want to develop an adult cereal. Technically I guess all adults (especially immature ones like myself) can still eat cereal, but I want to develop a fun cereal targeted at adults. I want to develop "Coffee Puffs." Coffee Puffs would be very similar to Cocoa Puffs but instead of tasting like chocolate they'd taste like coffee. It seems like a natural to add milk and sugar to Coffee Puffs just like you would other bowls of cereal. Once people have Coffee Puffs in their pantry they can kick the Starbucks habit. What time of year do they hand out the Nobel Peace Prize? I'll keep my schedule open.

My First Trip To Wrigley
Probably won't happen this year. As I've mentioned, I will be in Chicago this summer and as chance would have it the Cubs will be playing home games against the Cardinals while I am in town. Being the ingenious person that I am, I decided to buy a single ticket to the day game to be played on Friday July 28th. Here is where the "best" single seat available is



Damn, that really sucks.

And Don't Forget
Maigh and I will be hanging around North Highland Pub tonight at 7pm collecting goods for Andy's neigbors who lost everything to a house fire last weekend (read more). If you have the time come around, say hello, and bring something for the family or kick in a few bucks.

CD Pick Of The Week
Only four new releases today. With such a slim set of choices I have to pick the Yeah Yeah Yeahs "Show Your Bones" cd. Admittedly I have heard nothing from this disc. What, this doesn't please you? Then I say go "alternative country" and pick up a copy of Atlanta's own National Grain's self-titled release. You'll be supporting a local act and that's never a bad thing.

And now for some ideas stolen from LiveJournal...
Current Mood - goofy, cuckoo for Coffee Puffs
Current Music - Sirius Satellite Radio, Channel 26 playing -- Cat Power "Living Proof"
Website Of The Day - What's in a name? Sometimes not much as witnessed by the website Big In Japan which is developing a Web2.0 toolbox for all of us digital carpenters.

If you ever want a quick glance of the sites I've picked for my Websites Of The Day, you can check them out on del.icio.us, my user name is InsideThePerimeter (go figure), and they are all tagged as "blogged."

Exercise (b)Log - nothing

Cheers!
Paulie [eatl/ga]