Wednesday, December 28, 2005

I'm An Excellent Driver, Excellent Driver

At this point I should thank Marta for reducing the stress in my daily commute. Today I drove into work. While it did afford me the opportunity to stop at Joe's Coffee Shop buy a coffee to-go and say hello to my favorite barrista, Ellen, I was ready to kill all of those around me on my way up the Connector and 400.

These Are Trying Times
I am a gadget nut. Fortunately I limit myself to buying only those things that fall within my budget and have at least some appearance of fun or productivity as relates to my life. Normally the days after Christmas should be a great time to go out and get those few gadgets remaining relatively cheap. However, given that the Consumer Electronics Show and MacWorld both occur in the next few weeks I need to wait until I hear what toys are to be released in the near future.

Oh the pain of waiting...

Call Me 'Tenderfoot'
I knew that I was in for a long walk last night. What I didn't realize was how painful it was going to be in the sneakers I chose to wear yesterday. Hrmph! This will be one instance where the phrase "no pain, no gain" is definitely inappropriate.

What A Difference A Week Makes
From my walk I could obviously tell that fewer people are at work this week. Yesterday I saw crowds at the museum, in Piedmont Park and many people out running last night. It probably also helped that the temperature hovered around sixty degrees as well.

Rain + NoDesireToRun = TeamTrivia
Tonight I am going to join the Chattooga County All-Stars tonight for a TeamTrivia Smack Down, at the Dark Horse Tavern. While it's true that I should be running -- as many of you will be glad to remind me :) -- I'd rather be sitting around exercising my brain tonight.

And now for some ideas stolen from LiveJournal...
Current Mood - wanting
Current Music - none, listening to the Inside The Net podcast.
Website Of The Day - In the past I mentioned a product called "Basecamp" (at least I think I did). This app and a few other excellent apps are available from the company 37signals.

If you ever want a quick glance of the sites I've picked for my Websites Of The Day, you can check them out on del.icio.us, my user name is InsideThePerimeter (go figure), and they are all tagged as "blogged."

Exercise (b)Log - five miles of uncomfortable walking

Cheers!
Paulie [eatl/ga]