Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Gee, I Hope The Aquarium Is Heated

If not, will the Atlanta skating rink in Centennial Park be moved to the Georgia Aquarium?

Wow, I Still Have Leaves In My Driveway
One of the main tasks I wanted to accomplish this week was raking (or more appropriately, blowing) the leaves from my driveway and walkway. For some reason I couldn't muster the discipline to get out there and get the job done. Hell, I even turned down an offer from some guy who was working on one of my neighbor's yard. Oh well, more mulch for the grass I say.

At least I got my Christmas cards written...

Meet The Hashers, Take Second
I am tired of being cold. Therefore the idea of walking around outside and singing Christmas carols with the hash on the Tacky Light Tour didn't appeal to me this year.

Instead, I joined Meet The Hashers at Johnny's Pizza in Inman Park for trivia. Sadly, our betting strategy fell short. As much as we tried to disguise our final point wager, the team sitting at the table next to us manage to bet one point fewer and take victory. The victorious team cheered with glee when they realized that they had beaten Meet The Hashers. Sometimes it's tough being part of such a good team.

Whiner Gift Found!
On January 6th I will be going to my friends Phil and Stacy's Annual "Wine & Gift Again" party. dLast year I brought the wildly popular Jesus clock; the same Jesus clock that was re-gifted to me on my fortieth birthday.

This year I have something even better in mind! Oh, I could tell you what it is, but that would ruin the surprise. Mark your calendars for January 9th when there will be an entire party recap, with pictures.

CD (You Should Have Purchased) Pick Of The Week
Once again I will be suggesting a CD you should have purchased, but probably didn't.

Eventhough I wasn't a huge follower of Pavement back in "the day", I am a big fan of Stephen Malkmus' work (with the Jicks). Earlier this year he put out perhaps his finest solo CD to date called "Face The Truth."

And now for some ideas stolen from LiveJournal...
Current Mood - not bad
Current Music - Ricky Gervais Podcast, episode #3
Website Of The Day - Andy Hertzfeld is one of the original Apple programmers. He has launched a site called folklore.org to make sure the history of the early PC days is recorded.

If you ever want a quick glance of the sites I've picked for my Websites Of The Day, you can check them out on del.icio.us, my user name is InsideThePerimeter (go figure), and they are all tagged as "blogged."

Exercise (b)Log - nothing

Cheers!
Paulie [eatl/ga]