Tuesday, December 27, 2005

A Braindead Tuesday

It's Not Easy being Green
I am a NY Jets fan, which at this point should come as no surprise to anyone. It's been a tough season to be a Jets fan, seeing them lose in person to the Falcons and then to the New England on Monday nights.

To make matters worse, there are two commercials being shown on TV in which a team scores a touchdown against the NY Jets, one of them is the Diet Pepsi machine commercial, and the other is a camera commercial. Come on, give us Jets fans a fucking break already.

Look Who Went To A Movie!
Last night I went to Atlantic Station to see Walk The Line with my friends Stacey and Andy. This was one of the many movies I wanted to see, but was a bit concerned when the only seats we could find were in the second row. Want to know how this was like? Pick up a 8.5" x 11" photo and pull it all the way into the tip of your nose. That's what it was like.

Overall I thought the movie was well-made. However, for a while I thought I was re-watching "Forrest Gump" because Johnny Cash's life crossed the path of so many music legends. Both Joaquin Phoenix and Reese Witherspoon did ample jobs pulling off their characters (always difficult when the portrayed have lived recently).

This was my first trip into Atlantic Station. What a cluster fuck. I really don't see myself returning that often, especially during heavy traffic times. (An Atlantic Station Marta station would have been nice. I'm just saying...)

(Overlooked) CD Pick Of The Week
Okay, you know the routine... There is nothing dropping today that interests me, so I'll suggest a CD I bought in 2005 that I think deserved greater props. My Overlooked CD Pick Of The Week goes to Moving Units' "Dangerous Dreams." It's a little bit Bloc Party, a little bit The Faint, and overall a decent listen.

And now for some ideas stolen from LiveJournal...
Current Mood - okay, hoping to have a slow day at work
Current Music - none, listening to the Geek New Central podcast.
Website Of The Day - 2006 is to be the year of Web 2.0. The Om Malik Blog has a good entry that will allow you Tech Geeks to get a headstart on the rest of the world.

If you ever want a quick glance of the sites I've picked for my Websites Of The Day, you can check them out on del.icio.us, my user name is InsideThePerimeter (go figure), and they are all tagged as "blogged."

Exercise (b)Log - nothing

Cheers!
Paulie [eatl/ga]