Friday, December 23, 2005

Fleece Navidad

I tried to watch "A Charlie Brown Christmas" last night, but fell asleep about halfway through. With all of this cold weather I now understand why bears hybernate.

Thwarted, I Say. Thwarted.
Last night's walk to my car started at the Arts Center station, led me through Piedmont Park and then through L5P. Once in L5P I stopped into Criminal Records to pick up The Selmanaires' new release "Here Come." The Selmanaries are a local band who I had the pleasure of seeing a few months ago at the Paste Rock & Reel Festival. The Selmanaries don't seem to have their own website, but more 411 can be found at International Records. While I was at Criminal I was also going to buy a gift certificate for my friend Glenn, that was until I ran Glenn at Criminal.

Glenn and I decided to grab a bite to eat at El Myr (no website? por que'?) [may I suggest the tilapia taco?] While the beer and food were fantastic, I was a bit bothered by the amount of smoking in the building. It's funny that recently cigarette smoking has been bugging the shit out of me. I think that it has something to do with my ability to now go to bars that have banned smoking. This is going to make my next concert at The EARL quite interesting...

A Tale Of Two Paulies
I finally figured out how to use my scanner!

Most years the Atlanta hash provides an opportunity to get a picture taken with Santa.

Here is 1999 Paulie [the thin version who still had visions of .com sugarplums dancing through his head]. btw- this is my favorite picture of me with Santa.



Here is 2004 Paulie [the enlarged version who has realized that life has not gone quite the way he thought it would]



As a funny side story, when looking for the second of these photos last night I was flummoxed as to where I had put it. When I finally gave up and decided to try and scan the first photo I found the second photo on the platen of the scanner.

And Finally...
My dear readers, whatever reason you have to celebrate this weekend, do so to your heart's content. I will be back on Monday and I hope that you will be too.

And now for some ideas stolen from LiveJournal...
Current Mood - tired, empty, sleepy, dopey
Current Music - none, listing to the MacCast podcast
Website Of The Day - For Christmas celebrators only -- NORAD (remember them from "War Games"?) tracks Santa's path each year. See how close he is to your house using their Santa Tracker.

If you ever want a quick glance of the sites I've picked for my Websites Of The Day, you can check them out on del.icio.us, my user name is InsideThePerimeter (go figure), and they are all tagged as "blogged."

Exercise (b)Log - six miles of walking (two up around Perimeter Mall, four back to my car)

Cheers!
Paulie [eatl/ga]