Monday, December 19, 2005

I Want A New Drug

It's the final day of my four-day weekend (not really if you remember that I had to go into work on Friday). It seems as if I have gotten nothing accomplished over the last three days except getting drunk and fatter. Where has the time gone?

Today was supposed to mark the return of the Monday Morning Weigh-In, but I am too embarrassed to publish my current weight. January 2, 2006 seems like a better returning date for that feature. :)

I Hate It When I Lose Things...
Both in the traditional and non-traditional sense. It seems that one of my favorite websites for tracking what's playing on Sirius Satellite radio, ItsOnSirius, has gone away. Hopefully it's just a temporary outage.

Set Your Phasers To "Break"
What I hate even more than losing things is when I carelessly break things. The other morning I accidently walked into the ironing board (which shouldn't have still been out, but that's another rant) and in turn knocked the iron to the ground where it broke. Now I have to buy a new iron. Maybe I should wrap it up and open it mark it "From Santa" to make light of the situation.

Hashers: More Than People With Drinking Problems
On Saturday I participated in the annual Atlanta Hash Holiday Pub Crawl through East Atlanta. Drinking walking-distance from home can't be a bad thing, right? Um, not always true. I was completely trashed by 6pm (even after doing my best to get rid of the never-ending pizza that was ordered at Grant Central East -- this is a story best heard in person).



I passed out sometime around 6:30pm (I think) and therefore missed my friend Sarah's annual Egg Noggin' Party.

What better to do the next morning? Run eight miles of course! Believe it or not, I awoke Sunday morning to go out and run eight (slow) miles with a group comprised of mostly hashers. This was more than our bi-weekly runners' group as well, this was a running cookie swap meetup. Cookie Eaters with a Running Problem? I was completely impressed with the array of delicious cookies baked up by my friends, some of which even contained alcohol! Can a cookie be the hair of the dog?

Here is a picture of my entry, peanut butter cookies



Wait Until Next Year
Much like the idea of me fitting into my 34" waist pants it looks like the Falcons' chances of getting into the playoffs are going to have to wait until next year. In what could only be called an inept performance last night in a frigid Chicago, the Falcons had their asses handed to them.

Twofer Monday, It's Your Birthday Birthday
Today marks the birthday of two of my blogging compadres. Apparently, they are the same exact age!

Biggest birthday wishes go out to Maigh. Miss Maigh gets credit for getting me into the blogosphere (I hate that word, btw). So you can thank her for this daily drivel by going to her site and driving up her hit count on her birthday.

A birthday shout-out also goes to Mark who is also the owner of the fledgling Bloggers And Beer website. Whenever I get my shit together I will be posting over there as well.

Oh Jesus! It's Almost Your Birthday Too!
Six days until Christmas and I still have no Christmas spirit. I've tried everything I know, buying gifts, sending cards, getting drunk, watching "Very Special" editions of lousy tv sitcoms, yet nothing seems to be hitting home. Oh, if there was only an icy bridge that I could go jump from.

I sincerely hope that all is better in your world.

And now for some ideas stolen from LiveJournal...
Current Mood - slovenly and overly-melowdramatic
Current Music - Sirius Satellite Radio, Channel 26 playing Grandaddy -- something from "The Diary of Todd Zilla" but I can't remember the title.
Website Of The Day - I have no difficulty finding beer. Apparently it's a more difficult task in Canada. I'm not one to surpress technology, so I present to you The Beer Hunter.

If you ever want a quick glance of the sites I've picked for my Websites Of The Day, you can check them out on del.icio.us, my user name is InsideThePerimeter (go figure), and they are all tagged as "blogged."

Exercise (b)Log - running, eight miles

Cheers!
Paulie [eatl/ga]