Monday, May 02, 2005

Run, Forrest, Run!

Yikes, it's nearly 9am!

I'm #4645! I'm #4645!
That's what a 2:09:45 half marathon got me this year in Nashville. I could have run faster, but my gimpy ankle and a promise to a friend kept me at this comfortable pace. I had fun, I was able to joke around with the bystanders through the entire event.

Maybe It Should Be Called Smashville?
If Nashville was trying to make us Atlantans feel at home they did a wonderful job of doing so. It seemed like every trip was filled with at traffic snarl thanks to an accident or breakdown. Note to self, always bring a map of the place you are going...

This Could Be A Celebrated Summer
YES! YES! YES! It sounds like Bob Mould is going to tour sometime this year!!!!! Not only will he tour, it sounds like he is going to take full band with him, and going to dip back into the Husker Du and Sugar catalogs. I am SO there!

You Mean To Say That I Was Fashionable?
While reading Bob Mould's blog there was a reference to this NY Times article (use BugMeNot if you need a free login).

It seems that beards are the male fashion statement of the day. Who knew that when I decided to stop shaving last Thanksgiving I was travelling down the path of the fashionable? Good thing I shaved, because anyone who knows me also knows that I will never be the metrosexual fashion plate that I desire to be.

Yikes, now it's almost 9:30am!

I am scatterbrained this morning, so I am off to read other stuff. Y'all come back now, ya hear!

And now for some ideas stolen from LiveJournal...
Current Mood - clueless
Current Music - Sirius Satellite Radio, Channel 26 playing Weezer -- "Beverly Hills"
Website Of The Day - BugMeNot is the only way to thwart the marketing nerds

Cheers!
Paulie [eatl/ga]