Thursday, April 21, 2005

Gut Check

Carbobunga!
Nutritionists and Atkins' diet followers be damned! Here is what I ate yesterday

breakfast: coffee (I like my coffee like I like my women -- black, hot, and bitter)
lunch: rice with soy-sauce & sweet chili sauce
pre-dinner: beer
dinner: popcorn
dessert: pancakes with real maple syrup

Yummy! I am apparently the World's Oldest Teenager (well, once Dick Clark dies I will be).

A Whole New Pyramid Scheme
It seems that the "experts" in the Federal Government that we pay to tell us what to eat have come up with a new Food Pyramid. I'd link to it, but it is so complex I can't even find a reasonable image to link to. Here is the pyramid that I will probably be following for the rest of my days


Ready To Thai One On
It's a little known fact that the Virginia-Highlands has a great Thai restaurant. Surin? Nope. Oh wait, that place on Virginia -- Pad Thai? Nope. It's called Panita Thai Kitchen. Every time my friend Bill has the "dinner crowd" over his place, he brings food in from there. It's awesome!

I recommend PTK, with one extreme caveat. If you plan to eat at the restaurant, make no firm "after dinner plans" as the owner doesn't pay attention to American dinner timelines and will make yours a lovely looooong stay.

Read this CitySearch user review if you don't believe me
The greatest one-man show in Atlanta

One man. The whole restaurant is operated by one man. If you take issue with this, then you needn't venture away from Applebee's where the servers only have 4 tables each. Only when you have accepted the fact that, by dining at Panita, you will be subjecting yourself to the culinary vision and efforts of one single person, will you be ready for the kind of unforgettable meal that Panita can and probably will deliver. If you insist on wearing a watch to dinner, then you should probably eat at the mall. In fact, don't eat at Panita, just send them money. Thanks.

This is the best Thai Food I have ever eaten. Period.

Speaking of Va-Hi Restaurants
Has the American Roadhouse ever been open for dinner? I swear that I used to go there at night, but recently every time I pass it, it has been closed. Am I as crazy as I feel right now?

Another Day, Another Bill
I know that it just seems like I get a bill from someone every day, but it seems like I get a bill in the mail (or email) every, single, day! This is out of hand. I supposed that I could learn to live without some of the ammenities that modern society has conditioned me to "need", but I don't want to... Pity me.

El Heffe
There aren't too many people who I admire; Hugh Heffner would be one. Seriously, the man built the Playboy Empire by distributing pictures of naked women in magazines. Oh yeah, there were some articles in the magazine as well.

Now, through the miracle of technology Playboy has introduced the Killer App for the PlayStation Portable (PSP), which turns the PlayStation Portable into the PlayboyStation Portable. For a "nominal fee" you can download pics onto your PSP and take them with you where ever you go. BRILLIANT!!!!

And now for some ideas stolen from LiveJournal...
Current Mood - f'in hungry -- going to get something to eat
Current Music - Sirius Satellite Radio, Channel 26 playing The Walkman -- "The Rat"
Website Of The Day - The USDA, your tax dollars at work

Cheers!
Paulie [eatl/ga]