Monday, April 18, 2005

Better Late Than Never

Oye! Who schedules an interview for 8am Monday morning? It's bad enough that I have been drunk for the last four nights, now I need to get up early and perform an interview?

I'm too tired to hate today. This will be a short entry to keep my daily readers happy, which of course makes me happy.

This Just In, The Pope Is Still Dead
I am trying to decide which version of the following joke I like better..

In St. Louis a six-year old boy and his father talk
boy: Dad, I heard that when the Pope dies the Cardinals get together to decide who should become the next Pope.
father: That's right son, that's the process. Does that bother you?
boy: Well, it doesn't seem fair; shouldn't the other baseball teams be allowed to help decide?

In Arizona a six-year old boy and his father talk
boy: Dad, I heard that when the Pope dies the Cardinals get together to decide who should become the next Pope.
father: That's right son, that's the process. Does that bother you?
boy: No, they can take who they want; because all the players on our football team fucking suck!

But Apparently Elvis Is Alive
Yesterday I found myself enjoying the highs and lows of Stockbridge, GA. Elvis was the hare for yesterday's Black Sheep hash. He saw fit to take us up (and down) a mountain of rock and silt created by a rock quarry (but fuckin' A the view from up there yesterday was spectacular) and then through a waist-deep swamp. Hashing never ceases to make me wonder about my sanity.

Does Anyone Not Like Pancakes?
I love weekend mornings -- when I have the necessary ingredients for cooking. Saturday's breakfast was a (double) fried egg sandwich. Sunday's breakfast (alone since I skipped my running group) was a nice stack of pancakes.

Oddly, each breakfast was eaten as "necessary intake" for my standard Stone Mountain bike ride. Which, didn't happen on either day.

My photo shoot of the abandoned school that I hashed through a few weeks ago also never happened.

But let's not focus on the negative here. I'm alive, the sun is out, and by the time most of you read this my work day will be half over.

And now for some ideas stolen from LiveJournal...
Current Mood - I need a day off to recover from my weekend
Current Music - Sirius Satellite Radio, Channel 26 playing the Primal Scream "Swastika Eyes"
Website Of The Day - Don't wipe your ass with this napkin collection.

Cheers!
Paulie [eatl/ga]