Wednesday, April 20, 2005

Dot That 'i', Cross That 't'

I'm going to finish this blog entry before I pee.

I am usually a very detailed person, so the fact that I published yesterday's blog without a website and a current mood bugged the living shit out of me. Today I swear to do better...

Franco My Dear, I Can't Believe It!
In 1982 Julio Franco played his first Major League Baseball game; I was sixteen, one year from graduating from high school, trying to figure out how to meet high school girls. In 1984 John Franco played his first Major League Baseball game; I was eighteen, one year into my first attempt at college, trying to figure out how to meet college girls. Last night both men played in the Atlanta Braves / Houston Astros game, and I'm still trying to figure out how to meet girls. How is that possible?

btw - Matt Franco, who had a rather unspectacular career from 1995-2003 was nowhere to be found. I wish he would make a comeback because his playing years were my best "girl meeting" years.

Benny And The Jets
Figures that I was about six weeks away from applying to the Pope to regain my virginity when JPII kicked the bucket. Does anyone know if my credits transfer across Popes?

Did anyone pick Cardinal Joseph Ratzinger in their office Pope Pool? When I saw the name Joseph Ratzinger on my bracket I mistook it be tv's Cliff Clavin, John Ratzenberger.



Speaking Of Bergers
As I travelled down Memorial Drive the other day I noticed a restaurant that was selling "hambergers." I wonder if their version of Ronald McDonald is the Burgermeister Meisterburger from "Santa Claus Is Coming To Town"? Or maybe their catch phrase should be "Would you like frys with that?"

I guess eating a hamberger is something you do after you pick your child up at the East Atlanta Day Care "One Step Foward" (read it again if you don't get what I mean).

I really need to start budgeting time into my schedule so I can stop and take pictures of these spelling atrocities.

And now for some ideas stolen from LiveJournal...
Current Mood - b-l-a-h
Current Music - Sirius Satellite Radio, Channel 26 playing The Futureheads -- "Decent Days And Nights"
Website Of The Day - Digital Flotsam. Their current podcast is "Digital Flotsam 14 - The Barley Malt & Hops Edition"

Cheers!
Paulie [eatl/ga]