Friday, April 22, 2005

The Dining Philosophers

My friend Bill scored another 'Big Ups' for his ability to get take-out chow from Panita last night. I'm not sure what I was eating (as in I couldn't go there and order) but it was plentiful and delicious. Not only was dinner served, but the owner who is a friend of Bill's, also threw in the largest flan I have ever seen. Play along with me, kids -- it was flantastic. *groan* I will be skipping breakfast today in order to balance the caloric intake.

Unfortunately for Bill he was amongst three hashers, so while the conversation turned in every direction, it usually involved hashing or hashers. If you are not a hasher, understand that we do enough stupid things to fill an evening's conversation with little difficulty.

The "Survivor" Diet
How is it that Katie can still be chubby after nearly thirty days of Survivor? Has she smuggled chocolate in to her camp? All of the other people who go on that show become rail thin. Damn, I've thought of applying for the weigh-loss benefit alone.

Busting At The Seam
Hah! You thought this was going to be about my relationship with my pants, didn't you? Not so fast my friend, for this time I am referring to my iPod. Oh sure, 20GB seemed so large when I bought it. My music collection now stands at 22GB, and I am forced to make decisions on what I can and cannot load. No fewer than the last five cds I have purchased are not on my iPod because of a lack of space.

"You're Fired" Times Five
Last night I wanted to line up all the remaining contestants on The Apprentice and kick their collective asses. If you are anything like me you are not about to run out and purchase a ginormous four-sided lazy susan file organizer for your desk. Look for the stock of Staples (NASDAQ: SPLS) to plunge as they are added to my Trump Index.

edit @ 10:27am: I forgot to mention how shitty the "rewards" have become on The Apprentice. Breakfast with George and Carolyn? Whoopty-Fucking-Dooo! At least they didn't have to go meet Ishiah Thomas and the pathetic New York Knicks again...

More Celebrity News That I Don't Care About
Apparently Paris Hilton and Nicole Richie have had a falling out. Somehow the sun still manage to rise. Poor little rich girls, how will they manage.

And while I am at it, am I the only one who doesn't want to have sex with Paris? She looks like a demented Barbie doll to me.

Hardy Har Har
Think my humor sucks? You are not alone.

I'll be watching comedic professionals tonight at The EARL as the "Comedians Of Comedy Tour" comes to East Atlanta. Check out Patton Oswalt's website for more info. I'll be the guy with the beer in my hand and sauce from a Greenie Meanie Chicken sandwich on my shirt.

And now for some ideas stolen from LiveJournal...
Current Mood - Thai'erd, yelling "Go Lance" from the comfort of my office
Current Music - Sirius Satellite Radio, Channel 26 playing Oasis -- "Lyla"
Website Of The Day - The Dining Philosophers Problem - for geeks and geek wannabees

Cheers!
Paulie [eatl/ga]