Monday, April 25, 2005

Time And Temperature

Things are strange, very, very strange.

Smithers, Bring Me More Daylight
Lawmakers crafting energy legislation approved an amendment Wednesday to extend daylight-saving time by two months, having it start on the first Sunday in March and end on the last Sunday in November.
I worry when politicians believe that they have the power to fix all that is wrong with our country. Basically, this means that I worry every day. Hey Geniuses, if we are going to DST from March through November, why not just go to it completely?

While You Are At It, Can You Fix The Calendar Too?
When it is sixty-plus on New Year's Day and thirty-two on April 25th something is wrong. For over a decade I've had a belief that the seasons are shifting as it seems to stay warmer later in the year and colder later in the following your. I'm no fucking Farmer's Almanac, but I know what I see and feel.

If Spring Would Ever Arrive
I could do some spring cleaning, not to mention that I am dying to ride my bike. Dammit, I hate cold weather.

Am I A Clown? Do I Amuse You?
I've got to stop paying for comedy. Friday night's Comedians Of Comedy tour was okay, but I could have seen the same shit on Comedy Central -- well, with the exception of the bizarre film which was shown prior to the comedians -- for free. I dunno, maybe it's just me. At least the High Life was ice cold and dirt cheap.

I Went Undrafted Again!
I graduated from college (for the final time) in 1991; yes, I know that was eight years after I started, thankyouverymuch. For the last fourteen years I have sat by the phone on NFL draft day and waited for it to ring. Is it time for me to give up on my dreams? Oh, I never played football or anything, I just think that I have a lot to offer.

Crib Notes(tm) For The Pothole Patrol
Apparently, something has gone amiss with this city's ability to fix its roads. Here is a handy cheat sheet
  1. Identify crater
  2. Fill said crater with enough blacktop to fill crater (allow for settling)
  3. Place big ol' metal sheet over crater
  4. Allow blacktop to cure
  5. Remove big ol' metal sheet
  6. Check to make sure crater is filled
  7. Return To Step 1
Is this really so goddam hard to remember? Oh I know, this is a new experimental "Speed Crater" program which is destined to replace the "Speed Hump" program currently in use.

And now for some ideas stolen from LiveJournal...
Current Mood - nobody knows the troubles I see
Current Music - trying to improve my outlook with some Polyphonic Spree
Website Of The Day - The Ecology Picture of the Week (stole this from USA Today)

Cheers!
Paulie [eatl/ga]