Thursday, May 05, 2005

Cinc O' DeMayo

Top Of The Mornin' To Ya!
I wish... I made a dentist appointment (check-up/cleaning) for today. Dentists and me are like oil and water. I really should go to a female dentist since I am used to women inflicting pain upon me.

First Post-Work Stop, Limerick Junction
After my admission of Backward Celebration on St. Patty's Day, you should have seen this one coming from a mile away. First stop to kicking the sobriety habit is Limerick Junction. Hopefully the lovely Zoe will there and that the Smithwick's will be flowing.

Don't Order Yet, There's More
Once I've had my fill of co-workers tonight, I'll head over to Manuel's Tavern (Man-Wells / Man-U-Ells, whatever!) to make a second attempt at meeting up with the 'Atlanta People With Blogs Who Get Together To Drink'. My last attempt failed, so I'll be interested to see if I can make the networking connection tonight. If any of you are looking for me, look for the nerd with the brownish Adidas shirt and blue suede Pumas. Can't miss me.

This Space For Rent. Shameless Plug #1
Hey Paulie stalkers! Here is a great opportunity to get around those restraining orders I've served. My former across-the-street neighbors have "Moved On Up To A Deluxe House In Candler Park" and are renting their former residence. All I really know is that it's a 3 bedroom, 1.5 bath. I would have taken a picture of the house and posted it here, but that would have required effort on my part.

Here are some of the benefits you may not have thought about
  • Only one person I know has been carjacked on my street
  • Easy stagger home from all my parties
  • Your yard will always look better than mine
  • Ladies, if you think that forty year old men with body scarring and a spare tire are sexy, you'll be living across the street from a very sexy (and single) guy1. Hell, he might let you become a friend "with privileges"
Rent within the next ten minutes and I they will throw in a set of steak knives2. What more could a person ask for?

1. your mileage will vary
2. no guarantee on steak knife offer

Does This Hat Make Me Look Like Michael Moore? Shameless Plug #2
Yesterday I placed an order for this beautiful hat

Nothing like a little self promotion, especially when someone else is doing the legwork.

I've got so much more, but no time. Must run to the dentist.

And now for some ideas stolen from LiveJournal...
Current Mood - bummed because my little piggie that goes all the way home hurts so I can't run
Current Music - Sirius Satellite Radio, Channel 26 playing Morrissey -- "Irish Blood, English Heart"
Website Of The Day - More Modern Day Ruins. Great pictures, but be forewarned you may not be able to read the text. I recommend checking out Number 13, the old amusement park.

Cheers!
Paulie [eatl/ga]