Saturday, June 03, 2006

A(n Almost) Wasted Day In Paradise

As I sit here on my deck surfing the internet (love WiFi), smelling my grill burn off bits and bobs of barbeques past I am reflecting on the day that wasn't.

It's now 6:00pm on Saturday and except for getting my hair cut (10:30am), eating lunch at Fellini's (11:30am), and preparing the barbeque for a summer of home grilling (5:00pm), I've feel like I've pissed away a perfect day.

I could have read one of the many books that await my attention, but that would have required me to sit indoors. I could have hashed, but I just wasn't in a hashing mood. I tried to go to the Virginia-Highlands Summerfest, but the parking was non-existent (as I assumed it would be) and as I drove around looking at the happy couples/groups I realized that the social aspect of going was as non-existent as the parking for someone attending alone. I had my camera with me in hopes of being inspired to take pictures, but never encountered anything better than a cliche shot of downtown. I am scheduled to go see Over The Rhine tonight at the Variety Playhouse, but that too is a solo flight and I am not sure whether or not I will attend.

Why should you care? I don't expect you to. I just thought that today would be one of those days I would look forward to blogging about and instead I am here at home, alone, blogging about it.

And now for some ideas stolen from LiveJournal...
Current Mood - lonely
Current Music - Gomez' "Out West", Disc 2

If you ever want a quick glance of the sites I've picked for my Websites Of The Day, you can check them out on del.icio.us, my user name is InsideThePerimeter (go figure), and they are all tagged as "blogged."

Exercise (b)Log - nothing

Cheers!
Paulie [eatl/ga]