Friday, June 02, 2006

Huh? What? Pardon Me?

I expect these phrases to exit my mouth often today. My brain is scattered today. I guess I should feel fortunate that it is not also covered, chunked and peppered. Mmmmm, Waffle House...

The Name You Can't Trust
While finishing up a cup of coffee the other day I turned the cup over and saw this

The Name You Can't Trust

Now I know that after thinking about it for a second you can understand that it says The Name You Can 'Trust', however when I first read it I saw The Name You Can't Trust and it made me laugh.

Penny For Your Thoughts
I wear a pair of sneakers that routinely get pebbles lodged within their tread. The other day I extracted three pebbles from my shoes and constructed a mini rock formation. I actually dislodged four but I had lost one by the time I was setting up this picture.

Penny And The Pebbles, Part I

My first attempts at photographing (with Ye Olde Pentax Point & Shoot camera) this made me realize that you the viewer had no idea how tiny my little rock formation was. So, I enlisted Honest Abe as a common point of reference.

Hey, I've Got A Great Idea!!!
Join me and my friends at The EARL tonight to see National Grain; doors open at 9:30pm. You should probably like country music as that's the bulk of National Grain's catalog, but they are really good and as I found out at the East Atlanta Notoberfest Beer Festival they are nice guys.. at least to the people that are pouring their beer. :)

Country is not you favorite musical styling you say? A Fir Ju Well's guerilla marketing has informed me that they are playing at Lenny's Bar tonight. Go see them instead then. You should see one of their shows before their advertised "Final Show" at The EARL on July 1st. Hell, from the verbage on Lenny's website it's going to be their final days at their current digs as well. Hurry, time's a wasting! Leave work now and tell your boss that Paulie said it was okay. I can't guarantee that you will still have a job come Monday, but you can deal with that next week.

And now for some ideas stolen from LiveJournal...
Current Mood - foggy, hoping my Alavert and coffee kick in soon
Current Music - Sirius Satellite Radio, Channel 26 playing Gomez -- "How We Operate"
Website Of The Day - Interested in some juicy, nerd gossip? Then you should be reading Valleywag; it's as good as anything you will find at your grocer's check-out stand, assuming you are a nerd.

If you ever want a quick glance of the sites I've picked for my Websites Of The Day, you can check them out on del.icio.us, my user name is InsideThePerimeter (go figure), and they are all tagged as "blogged."

Exercise (b)Log - nothing

Cheers!
Paulie [eatl/ga]