Thursday, January 05, 2006

Trends I Like, And Some I Don't

Never A Dull Moment In The Hood
Upon returning home from George's last evening there was a SUV "parked" in the middle of my street in front of my house. The vehicle looked somewhat abandoned, so I naturally called 911. The police came out, investigated, took some fingerprints, and had the car hauled off.

This is the third time in the last three years that I have had to call the police to my house. In my previous thirty-seven years I think that I may have called 911 once. Frankly, I am getting a bit tired of this.

I'll Try To Eat A Mango In Durango
I've planned my first trip for 2006. What I didn't specify a few days ago is that one of my goals this year is to get out of Atlanta more often, regardless of whether or not I have a travel companion (don't get me started on this, just accept the fact that this is one of my "issues").

In September I'll be travelling to Durango Colorado for the twelfth annual Colorado InviHashional. I am really looking forward to this since it will be the first time I've travelled for a hashing event.

More Trends I'd Like To See This Year
What has happened to mouth etiquette? Why aren't people able to chew gum with the mouths completely closed any longer? Would it kill people to cover their mouths when the yawn, sneeze, or cough? C'mon people, it's common courtesy.

One Step Forward, Two Steps Back
Last night's run was five miles long at a nice comfortable pace. I was quite pleased with the running effort. I wish I could say the same for my performance at practicing restraint from drinking and eating afterwards. Perhaps the burger (heaped with bleu cheese) was a bad choice? Who am I to turn down the offer of free beer? Could you?

And now for some ideas stolen from LiveJournal...
Current Mood - pretty good
Current Music - Sirius Satellite Radio, Channel 26 playing Ween -- "Gabrielle"
Website Of The Day - One of the new travel services I've heard about recently is OneTime. What's nice about OneTime is that it will search multiple travel sites as selected by you. I just might use it for my trip to Durango... Oh you don't like that one? Well try SideStep instead.

If you ever want a quick glance of the sites I've picked for my Websites Of The Day, you can check them out on del.icio.us, my user name is InsideThePerimeter (go figure), and they are all tagged as "blogged."

Exercise (b)Log - running, approximately 5 miles

Cheers!
Paulie [eatl/ga]