Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Return To Normalcy

Putting The Shit Into IT
Well now, it seems if you plug the cable from the firewall server to the new router into the wrong port that no amount of reconfiguration and rebooting will solve your IT problems.

Yep. I spent six hours of my day yesterday upgrading my 802.11b router to a 802.11g router. My problem is that I know just enough networking to make myself dangerous. I knew where the problem resided, I just couldn't figure out how to fix it.

When I was finally able to reconnect to the internet I was like a crack addict getting a fix. Damn you Internet. Damn you.

Chores Which Should Have Been Competed
With the realization that returning to work was immenent, I laid in bed (don't get too excited, I slept most of the night on the couch) this morning thinking about the tasks I wanted to complete this weekend, but didn't.
  • find passport so that it can be renewed
  • blow leaves off of roof
  • serverely cut back huge fucking bushes near driveway
  • finish attic insulation
  • read books about Photoshop Elements, and PHP Programming
  • rebuild servers

Chores Which Were Competed
And just to make myself feel better, here is a list of things I accomplished this weekend.
  • go to Cheddarhead
  • install new router (whew!)
  • swept floor in house
  • cleaned bathrooms
  • watch at least one movie at home

Too Many Players Spoil The Trivia
Our team grew to ungodly proportions last night; a quick count totalled eleven. This was even more amazing since two of the regular Meet The Hashers team didn't play (in fact one of them was last night's host).

The way Twain's structures their Team Trivia is a bit weird. Team Trivia at Twain's consists of two separate games, instead of the standard two-half game. Meet The Hashers managed second place in game one, and finished out of the money in game two.

The upside of playing at Twain's is that they let you use your winnings on the same night, so $15 went toward our bill last evening.

Here's A CD You Should Buy With That Christmas Money
The Strokes have a CD which is dropping today; it's called "First Impressions of Earth." The reviews are all over the map and I have yet to hear it, so I am not really endorsing this release as much as I am alerting you to its existence.

And now for some ideas stolen from LiveJournal...
Current Mood - hungry (again!)
Current Music - none, listening to the MacCast podcast.
Website Of The Day - Not all is normal however, just look at some of the articles in Wikipedia's Unusual Articles.

If you ever want a quick glance of the sites I've picked for my Websites Of The Day, you can check them out on del.icio.us, my user name is InsideThePerimeter (go figure), and they are all tagged as "blogged."

Exercise (b)Log - none

Cheers!
Paulie [eatl/ga]