Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Cat Got Your Tongue?

Things sure are quiet around here. Was your resolution to stop reading this space? If so, you probably aren't reading this now. Theoretically I could say very nasty things about you right now and you'd never know. But that's not how I play the game.

Oh The Things I Do
I used to be overly cautious, doing the "right thing" whenever possible. So last night I decided to forget my mantra of doing the "right thing" and open a beer bottle using a drawer pull instead of turning around and walking two steps to get a bottle opener. What did I get for my careless living? A fucking broken drawer pull. That's right, I snapped the handle in pieces trying to open the beer bottle. Fuck. Me.

Hey Bloggers, Looking For A Change?
2006 will likely see this space leaving Blogger as a back end. Blogger is good, but I want more. (fear not www.InsideThePerimeter.com will always get you to this blog). If you are like me, and I feel for you if you are, I found a great chart which compares the major blogging players. Follow this link to view the chart.

New Year Will Have A Running Start
Tonight you will find me at George's. There I will be executing this thing the kids call "running" and following it with this thing I call "drinking." However, I shan't be drinking as much as I normally would since I am trying this whole streamlining thing so that I have less belly with which to belly up to the bar in the future.

There is also this thing called the Rose Bowl on the telly tonight that I might watch, mostly with partial attention. Truth be told I am really bowled out right now, there are just too many on tv.

If You Can Read This
Then you probably don't need to understand how to read this


Today Google's banner is celebrating the birthday of Louis Braille. I'll give you three guesses as to why Louis Braille was significant, the first two don't count.

I am fascinated by the world of the blind. I seriously hope that I never have to find out how to get around as a blind person; it must be incredibly hard.

And now for some ideas stolen from LiveJournal...
Current Mood - 12 million strong and growing!
Current Music - Sirius Satellite Radio, Channel 26 playing Radiohead -- "Pyramid Song"
Website Of The Day - Need a little diversion from your day? Looking to watch some flash animation? Well my friend, you should surf on over to Atlanta's own Homestar Runner.

If you ever want a quick glance of the sites I've picked for my Websites Of The Day, you can check them out on del.icio.us, my user name is InsideThePerimeter (go figure), and they are all tagged as "blogged."

Exercise (b)Log - walking, approximately 4.5 miles

Cheers!
Paulie [eatl/ga]