Monday, January 16, 2006

He Is The Reason For The Season

But unfortunately for me his birthday is not as widely celebrated as His birthday, so I find myself at work. Yes, even in the city of his birth Martin Luther King Jr Day is not celebrated by all. Guess I will have to cancel my parade plans.

Oh Thank God, We Are Changing The Nickel Again!
Do you remember when I wondered aloud why the hell we changed the appearance of the nickel? Well according to this USA Today article it's going to happen again! C'mon US Mint, can we please stop wasting tax dollars by redesigning these tiny denominations? This is just getting fucking ridiculous.

Two Things I Learned Friday
Friday was an educational day for me. I learned
  1. If I am going to go to a concert at The EARL on a Friday night I might want to get more sleep than I did on Thursday
  2. If Step 1 fails, I probably shouldn't begin drinking at 5pm
I had all intentions of seeing Tiger! Tiger! at The EARL. After work some of us got together for happy hour drinks and after three beers I toddled off to Marta to head back to my neighborhood. Getting back to East Atlanta near 9pm I decided to stay out and then go to the show. Gravity was empty, so I decided to drink there instead of going into Graveyard. Amazingly I ran into some friends while I was sitting at Gravity, so I stayed there for another two beers bring the night's total to six.

Near 10:30pm I went over to The EARL where a band (one of the three I thought were to play) was already on stage. I couldn't hear/understand any of their lyrics. The next set started, complete with more vocals I couldn't pick out of the loud-ass music, and I had a Miller High Life in hand. When they were done I was happy because I thought I was going to make it through the night. At that point I realized that the band coming onto the stage was still not Tiger! Tiger!. When they started to play and I once again I couldn't hear/understand any lyrics I took it as a sure sign that the same would happen when/if Tiger! Tiger! took the stage, so I went home. Anyone else go? Was it just me?

You Must Grow Old, You Don't Have To Grow Up
And thanks to friends like Stacy and Phil I don't have to. Saturday was a day of childish games, outlet shopping, and goofing off. We were all headed up to a friend's place on Lake Hartwell for over-endulging on food and beverage.



MY COW! (sorry, I guess you had to be there)

It's Monday, There Must Be Trivia
Although there has been some disagreement, it looks like Meet The Hashers will be gathering at Johnny's Pizza for some cheap food and beer for trivia. We will win, unless we don't.

And now for some ideas stolen from LiveJournal...
Current Mood - pretty good
Current Music - none, listening to the MacCast podcast
Website Of The Day - You're a Google Maps freak you say? Go see what others are doing with the Google Maps API at the Google Maps Mania Blog (pssst, my favorite is the beer mapping project). [thanks for the tip, Randy aka Banger Not!]

If you ever want a quick glance of the sites I've picked for my Websites Of The Day, you can check them out on del.icio.us, my user name is InsideThePerimeter (go figure), and they are all tagged as "blogged."

Exercise (b)Log - walking 4 miles on Friday
Weekly Weigh-In - I forgot again! Check in tomorrow.

Cheers!
Paulie [eatl/ga]