Thursday, January 12, 2006

What To Post When Life Is A Bore?

I really don't have too much to say today. My yesterday consisted of driving to and from work (no Marta for reasons of having to dress up for work), working, going to the post office, running and drinking at George's and then going home to immediately fall asleep. There it is, you've read about my day in a nutshell. Here are some scattered thoughts for today.

I Am Jonesing For Live Music
It's been a (recently defined) really long time since I have seen a live show. Looking back at my archives the last show I went to was on November 26th! Thankfully I still plan on going to The EARL tomorrow night to see Tiger! Tiger!. For those of you who read this from my site, keep an eye on the "Listening Skills Required" required section to see where I will be popping up [note: removal of [tentative] usually means I've purchased a ticket and fully intend on going].

Friends With The Trends
Man, it's been amazing how a lot of my friends' lives seem to run synchronously. First, all of the women were getting pregnant. Then, all of the couples were getting engaged (not necessarily in that order). Now, the long-time pet companions are starting to pass away. For the good I congratulate them, and for the sorrow I give my utmost condolences.

Sometimes I doubt the old saying that it is better to love and lost than to have never loved at all.

If You'll Put This In Your Mouth, What Else Can I Get You To Put In Your Mouth?
That seems to be a bit long to have printed on a custom printed M&M, but I'd like to try. Custom printed M&M you ask? Yes, if you go to M&M's Store you can order custom printed M&Ms. Do yourself a favor and stay away from those trite sayings like "Be Mine" that you can for cheap on those Valentine's hearts.

TV Worth Watching
On Saturday night (7pm Eastern) the History Channel is showing the episode of its series Modern Marvels which talks about beer brewing.
It's one of the world's oldest and most beloved beverages--revered by Pharaohs and brewed by America's Founding Fathers. Today, brewing the bitter elixir is a multi-billion-dollar global industry. Join us for an invigorating look at brewing's history from prehistoric times to today's cutting-edge craft breweries, focusing on its gradually evolving technologies and breakthroughs. We'll find the earliest known traces of brewing, which sprang up independently in such far-flung places as ancient Sumeria, China, and Finland; examine the surprising importance that beer held in the daily and ceremonial life of ancient Egypt; and at Delaware's Dogfish Head Craft Brewery, an adventurous anthropologist and a cutting-edge brewer show us the beer they've concocted based on 2,700-year-old DNA found in drinking vessels from the funerary of the legendary King Midas.
I'll be recording so that I can spend an evening in the future drinking beer while watching a show about brewing beer.

And now for some ideas stolen from LiveJournal...
Current Mood - tired, my back is sore
Current Music - none, listening to the "KFI the Tech Guy" podcast
Website Of The Day - MacUser was once a magazine for Mac users (BRILLIANT!). Today MacUser is a really good blog for Mac users (like ME).

If you ever want a quick glance of the sites I've picked for my Websites Of The Day, you can check them out on del.icio.us, my user name is InsideThePerimeter (go figure), and they are all tagged as "blogged."

Exercise (b)Log - running, approximately 5.5 miles

Cheers!
Paulie [eatl/ga]