Thursday, November 17, 2005

Grabbing My Nuts

Pecans, that is. In an effort to get free pecans as well as deprive squirrels of food I have been trawling my driveway for pecans lately. I love pecans and the fact that my propery contains a mature tree pleases me.

I Had A Dream, It Was An Awesome Dream
There is a small plot of land between I-20 and Memorial Drive on a street called Maynard Terrace that has had some construction activity occurring on it lately. (btw- this is not the first time someone has thought about developing that lot) Today as I drove by on my way to Marta I dreamed that the current builder was going to build a Waffle House on that space. Oh, that would make me so happy! Currently I have to drive to the one on Cheshire Bridge near I-85 to get a Waffle House fix. Sure, the Majestic works for me, but sometimes I'd much rather have Waffle House.

If I can't get a Waffle House fewer than four miles from my house soon then I say that the terrorists have won.

Will Somebody Buy The Kids A Belt?
One of the many fashion statements that I don't understand (oh, I am old) is the wearing of pants so baggy that they hang down and you have to walk like you are toting a load of shit. If I only saw this fashion statemtent rarely I'd assume the kid had lost a lot of weight and I would be happy for him; I know better.

I am sure that I did a lot of stupid things in my youth as well. I am glad that this sort of pant wearing was not one of them.

It's A Phone, Not A Walkie Talkie
I am puzzled by the people who feel it it necessary to move their cell phone to the front of their mouth in order to talk into it. Perhaps if they lowered their voice when talking it might make sense, but they never do! Why people? Why?

Might Be Taking the Me Out Of Meetup Tonight
Tonight is the monthly meetup of the Atlanta Bloggers Who Get Together To Drink (see a link to the site as well as last month's attendees over there --->). Tonight the meetup will occur at Limerick Junction in the Highlands. I "like" Limerick, but I don't "like-like" Limerick -- especially when that guy gets up and sings , making it impossible to hold a conversation (I know, that's why people go to Limerick).

With my current mood and my feelings about Limerick I am not sure that I am going to attend. We'll see, maybe I'll need a drink later and find my way there...

Fifty-Two Titles, Sony Is The Joker
Fear that your computer has been infected by Sony? Go here to see the current list of cd titles that Sony has fessed up to having their ill-fated copy protection.

And now for some ideas stolen from LiveJournal...
Current Mood - I am depressed; at least the sun is out
Current Music - nothing, listening to the Geek News Central podcast
Website Of The Day - Readers of this space know that I like cartoons and animations. Cartoon Stock has an extensive collection of cartoons from over 290 world-wide cartoonists.

If you ever want a quick glance of the sites I've picked for my Websites Of The Day, you can check them out on del.icio.us, my user name is InsideThePerimeter (go figure), and they are all tagged as "blogged."

Exercise (b)Log - nothing

Cheers!
Paulie [eatl/ga]