Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Slightly Different Bent For Hump Day

Yesterday was a boring day in the life of Paulie. I went to work, had to work until 8pm, had an hour-plus commute on Marta because it was in non-peak hours, ate a stick of cheese and drank a Cheerwine for dinner while I watched the World Series of Poker. Living like a rock star, baby!

Do One Thing And Do It Well
The other day I found out about a cool Firefox Extension that follows this motto well; it's called Tab X. The one thing that "Tab X" does is add a Close button to each of the tabs in your Firefox screen. Brilliant!

I had to "unlearn" my technique of quickly bringing a tab to the forefront and pressing the close button to the far right, but I think that putting a close button on each tab is incredibly intuitive.

Commercial Confusion, Part 2
A while ago I blogged about that State Farm commercial, now I have questions about a McDonalds commercial.

In this commercial two employees, a guy and a girl are sitting at a table. The guy is distressed because some girl dumped him the night before. The girl seems pleased by this and tries to explain that girls are like McGriddles (yuck!). After eating his entire McGriddle she asks "What is your next move", to which he replies "Get another McGriddle?" She seemed flummoxed with his response and tries to explain using his coffee.

What is the point? What was he supposed to answer? Was she hitting on him? And if so, would she be pleased by his answer about the McGriddle (to get another)?

Seriously, every day I live it becomes abundantly clear that I don't understand women...

Here's A Great Way To Save $20
Avoid the Playstation 2 game World Poker Tour like it's the Avian Flu. Okay, perhaps that's a bit harsh. If you enjoy watching your computer opponents play without any logic and checking all the time, then I say that this game is for you. I bought it with the hopes that I could improve my game; I was wrong.

Here is the best thing about this game


Shana Hiatt is on the cover.

And now for some ideas stolen from LiveJournal...
Current Mood - meh
Current Music - Engadget Podcast #49
Website Of The Day - In this age of "High Security" it's hard for me that you can get so much information about flights in progress. Go to FlightAware to try it out for yourself and see what I mean.

If you ever want a quick glance of the sites I've picked for my Websites Of The Day, you can check them out on del.icio.us, my user name is InsideThePerimeter (go figure), and they are all tagged as "blogged."

Exercise (b)Log - nothing

Cheers!
Paulie [eatl/ga]