Thursday, November 03, 2005

Thinking Big

Here's A Tip For You Business Majors
If you are going to open a restaurant in an area that is densely populated with office buildings, open the fucking thing for lunch!

I am talking to you Outback Steakhouse. I am not even a big fan of yours, but if you opened at noon instead of 3pm you would have had a customer the other day. I'm just sayin'. Oh, and all those potential customers in cars around 5pm, they are trying to get home, not to your restaurant.

Tybee, A No Go For Moi
I had entertained thoughts of running next year's Tybee Island Half Marathon. Those thoughts were quickly nixed when I realized that they have once again scheduled their race for the same weekend as the Super Bowl. C'mon folks, the Super Bowl date is published well in advance, couldn't you find another weekend?

What Do You Mean That There's A New Ratchet Game In Stores?
I've bought and finished "Ratchet and Clank", "Ratchet and Clank: Going Commando" and "Ratchet and Clank: Up Your Arsenal", you would think that I would have gotten the memo about the new release of "Ratchet: Deadlocked." C'mon Insomniac Games, inform your public! Even in this financially stressful month I think that I can scrape together fifty for one of your games.

Hey Williams Street, Video To The iPod?
I surmise that on average every Atlantan knows 2.7 people who work for Turner. Since I am not one of them (their interactive division turned me down in 1996, but I'm not bitter), I'll have to throw this suggestion out from afar.

You know what scales well to smaller screens and doesn't require high bitrates for quality video? Cartoons. The last time I checked, Turner had a whole network of them things stored up in a division called Cartoon Network (those clever rapscallions).

I know, it must be a real hassle dealing with Apple, but if ABC (who is owned by Disney) can do it, I think you can too.

Perhaps I Could Call It My arrghPod?
This must be meant for the "dress your pet in costume crowd." Yesterday I stumbled upon a website that sells costumes for your iPod! I shit you not, they can be found at iAttire. Here is a sample of their work

(note, this image is from their website; it is not a photo of my iPod)

And now for some ideas stolen from LiveJournal...
Current Mood - fair
Current Music - Sirius Satellite Radio, Channel 26 playing Dungen -- "Panda"
Website Of The Day - I can't support the MPAA or the RIAA but I can support the work of these animation blogs ASIFA - Hollywood Animation Archive Blog and Cartoon Modern.

If you ever want a quick glance of the sites I've picked for my Websites Of The Day, you can check them out on del.icio.us, my user name is InsideThePerimeter (go figure), and they are all tagged as "blogged."

Exercise (b)Log - approximately 5.5 miles of running

Cheers!
Paulie [eatl/ga]