Friday, November 04, 2005

Have Car Will Travel (Very Slowly)

Why Do You People Commute This Way?
Oh my God traffic in this town bites! I had to drive to work yesterday because of a mid-morning doctor's appointment. It's hard enough to find a doctor that accepts my insurance, nevermind finding one that's near a Marta line. The commute home (or as near as home as I was heading) was excruciating. It could drive someone to drink.

Who Are The Chattooga County All Stars?
Why they are the trivia team I played with last night (I am such a trivia whore). The All Stars are my friend Bill's team, who were gathered at Raging Burrito last night. Need I tell you that we kicked ass? No, I didn't think I had to.

I Want Free Parking!

I pay enough to drive my car, why should I have to pay to park it as well?

Yesterday I had to pay to park at the doctor's office. Look, I'm shelling out $25 for a co-pay, I'll never know how much you'll make for the ten minutes that it took to examine me, why won't you validate my parking? This is ridiculous.

And then there is Decatur. I don't think that I have ever found a space in Decatur's two small metered lots. Every time I drive to Decatur I feel as if there should be ample (free) street parking, but there never is. I should have Marta'd to Decatur, but chose not to.

The Mall Is No Place For A Lonely Soul
While eating the most dismal Chinese food to ever pass my lips I realized that I should not hang out in malls. For me it's like fishing in a pond where you can see the fish you want to catch just swimming around your hook, but they never seem to bite. It could drive someone to drink.

Has Anyone Ever Gotten Off TicketBastard's Email List?
Over the years I have purchased tickets from them using three different email accounts. No matter how many times I "opt-out" from their email list, I still get their crap. Fuckers.

And There Is Still More Driving In My Future
My weekend is already packed solid. It's packed so solid that I've convinced myself to take the day off from work today.

Saturday night I'll be up near Summerville Georgia hanging with some friends. It should be a good time since the weather will be gorgeous and hopefully some of the color-changing leaves will be present. Do I have to tell you that drinking will be involved? No, I didn't think I had to.

I plan to get back to Atlanta in time for a good long run Sunday morning followed by football watching and CORNED BEEF eating. Yes, I will finally be attending the New York Corned Beed Society of Atlanta meetup at Twain's in Decatur. Yippee!!!!

Oh, And If You Don't Hear From Me On Monday...
It's either because
  1. I've electricuted myself replacing a light socket
  2. I've burned the house down by mis-wiring the light socket
  3. I've been selected for a jury (I'll be Marta'ing to Decatur)
  4. I've been driven to drink
And now for some ideas stolen from LiveJournal...
Current Mood - who's taking the day off from work? I AM!
Current Music - Listening to a KEXP podcast (while I type this from bed)
Website Of The Day - I don't think that big-assed corned beef sandwiches are on the Hacker's Diet, but I could be wrong.

If you ever want a quick glance of the sites I've picked for my Websites Of The Day, you can check them out on del.icio.us, my user name is InsideThePerimeter (go figure), and they are all tagged as "blogged."

Exercise (b)Log - day off

Cheers!
Paulie [eatl/ga]