Thursday, November 10, 2005

Twas The Day Before Veteran's Day

Sony Is A Royal Pain In The Ass
I really want to buy a Playstation Portable, but why should I reward a company that wilfully invades my computer with spyware? Recently Sony was found to be putting hidden software onto computers when some of their CDs were inserted into a Windows PCs. The Electronic Frontier Foundation had an article which describes the nightmare, along with a (partial) list of culprit Sony CDs.

Trey Anastasio, Shine (Columbia)
Celine Dion, On ne Change Pas (Epic)
Neil Diamond, 12 Songs (Columbia)
Our Lady Peace, Healthy in Paranoid Times (Columbia)
Chris Botti, To Love Again (Columbia)
Van Zant, Get Right with the Man (Columbia)
Switchfoot, Nothing is Sound (Columbia)
The Coral, The Invisible Invasion (Columbia)
Acceptance, Phantoms (Columbia)
Susie Suh, Susie Suh (Epic)
Amerie, Touch (Columbia)
Life of Agony, Broken Valley (Epic)
Horace Silver Quintet, Silver's Blue (Epic Legacy)
Gerry Mulligan, Jeru (Columbia Legacy)
Dexter Gordon, Manhattan Symphonie (Columbia Legacy)
The Bad Plus, Suspicious Activity (Columbia)
The Dead 60s, The Dead 60s (Epic)
Dion, The Essential Dion (Columbia Legacy)
Natasha Bedingfield, Unwritten (Epic)
Ricky Martin, Life (Columbia) (labeled as XCP, but, oddly, our disc had no protection)

Fuck! The only one on the list that I have purchased was The Dead 60s cd. It was a really good cd, but I don't think it was that good.

Marta, Stumbling Toward Ecstasy
Marta has the slogan "If you had taken Marta, you'd be there by now." I call bullshit! Yesterday's commute from work to George's Bar for my run took one hour, thirty five minutes! Twenty-five of those minutes were spent waiting for a southbound train to arrive at the Dunwoody Marta station.

My Growing Belly Has Killed My Drinking Legs
I cannot drink the way I used to at the end of a Wednesday night run. The constant reminder of stubborn belly fat (as one commercial put it) has made me conscious of my drinking habit. Even with a lovely pitcher of Sierra Nevada in front of me I only had two glasses of beer (oh and a burger and fries). I felt so much guilt that I went home early. The thought of attempting more exercise when I returned to the house was quickly banished by my sleepiness, so I watched a little telly and I was off to night-night land.

I'm Sure My Dentist Loves Me
Today is my semi-annual dental checkup. My teeth are bad, and in years past my attention to dental hygene detail was also bad. I pay (both literally and figuratively) for both of these these days. I am sure that something is not right with one of my old fillings and today's checkup will only confirm this and produce the need for another visit. Damn, more money out the window...

High Times
Tonight I'll be attending an opening gala for the High Museum. If you think about it, November is a big month for us in Atlanta. Not only will the expansion for the High open this month, but I think that the Georgia Aquarium is also scheduled to open.

For Those Of You Who Have Veteran's Day Off
Fugoff! I of course to not have the day off, so there will be a regularly scheduled blog entry tomorrow. I'm sure that Marta will give me something to bitch about.

I dare say that I would march in a Veteran's Day parade (like I did as a kid back in the old days) for the opportunity to take the day off from work.

And now for some ideas stolen from LiveJournal...
Current Mood - concerned
Current Music - Sirius Satellite Radio, Channel 26 playing Elbow -- "Station Approach"
Website Of The Day - Go check out even more museums at the Museum of Online Museums.

If you ever want a quick glance of the sites I've picked for my Websites Of The Day, you can check them out on del.icio.us, my user name is InsideThePerimeter (go figure), and they are all tagged as "blogged."

Exercise (b)Log - running, approximately 4.5 miles

Cheers!
Paulie [eatl/ga]