Friday, November 11, 2005

Every Day Is An Opening Day

High Dee High Dee High Dee Ho
Ok Atlanta, it's time to give credit where credit is due.

Last night my friend Stacey and I went to one of the High Museum's Pre-Opening openings. Fantastic!

First, the Wyeth exhibit is worth the price of admission. Rarely do I see a collection of artwork that floors me, especially when it is from the same artist (btw- did you know that Andrew Wyeth is still alive?). It is an impressive display. I'll even recommend getting the audio tour player because for a few of the paintings it adds a lot of insight (some are lame as well I must caution you).

Second, the new archictectural layout of the High is great. There is enough room to move about, they have a good area in which to hold Friday Jazz nights, and once the hype of the new restaurant Table 1280 dies down I am sure to be seen there for dinner.

I can only hope that the Georgia Aquarium is as impressive.

Who's Pimpin' Who?
A funny thing happened on the way to the museum, Stacey and I walked through some Brand Atlanta party. Had we been dressed up a little more we would have tried to crash the party. Eventhough we didn't get that opportunity to party we were handed Brand Atlanta schwag bags on the way out of Woodruff. I may have knocked their logo and anthem (and will not change my attitude toward either), but I am not above wearing a free t-shirt or baseball cap.

Why I Love Fall. Why Can't I Take Better Pictures?
Here are two pictures I've taken lately.



This picture was taken last Saturday in "Sloppy" Floyd State Park in Summerville.



This picture was taken this morning on my walk from the Dunwoody Marta station to my office. I am completely confused why the bottom half is so dark. Argh! Note to self: learn some photo editing software soon!

Invasion Of The Cheeseheads
The Green Bay Packers come knocking on our door this weekend, and I couldn't be happier. Am I a Packers fan? No, not really, because I've confessed before that I am a Jets fan.

The reason I am happy is that with the Packers in town the Atlanta hash will be celebrating Cheddarhead style with hashing and bowling on Saturday. W00t! Hopefully there will also be some playing of music from the best polka band around, Brave Combo.

Sunday will be tailgating and football!

And now for some ideas stolen from LiveJournal...
Current Mood - Fridayriffic!
Current Music - Sirius Satellite Radio, Channel 26 playing Grandaddy -- "Pull The Curtains"
Website Of The Day - 25 Above Water has a cool gallery of (expensive) posters for sale. The purpose of this sale is to raise money for Katrina and Rita victims (Wilma sufferers be damned!).

If you ever want a quick glance of the sites I've picked for my Websites Of The Day, you can check them out on del.icio.us, my user name is InsideThePerimeter (go figure), and they are all tagged as "blogged."

Exercise (b)Log - nuttin'

Cheers!
Paulie [eatl/ga]