Monday, October 10, 2005

Monday Morning Quarterback

Why So Short, Yo?
Friday night's A Fir-Ju Well at The EARL had the potential to be the best I've seen yet. The problem I had was A Fir-Ju Well's set length; it was too short. Just as I was starting to get into their set the singer said "This is our last song." Huh? WTF? I glanced over at the clock to see that it was 1:03am, ok, but I don't think that the band started playing before 12:15am. Forty-five minutes seems like a short show for the headliner. I was left wanting more.

The rest of my EARL experience was quite enjoyable. Tiger! Tiger!, apparently a local product, put on a good show. The only drawback for them is that the vocals for the incredibly stage-sexy lead singer was waaaaay down in the mix (at least where I was standing) so I never really heard her lyrics the entire show.

Between sets I spoke with a lovely young lady from Austin, TX was in town because her friends had something to do with the record label that has signed Tiger! Tiger! The conversation started when she had a bit of difficulty getting onto a swivelling chair (I'm sure that alcohol had nothing to do with that) next to me so I gave her the non-swivelling one on which I was seated. All was going great until one of her friends interrupted (probably to 'save her' assuming that I was hitting on her) and then A Fir-Ju Well came onto stage and a frustrated me left them to go see the band.

I was too late to see Sugar In The Raw, so I have no idea how good/bad they are.

Trees R Us
The Trees Atlanta tree sale was a success. Thankfully last week's rain passed prior to the (outdoor) sale. Volunteering for the 7am shift seemed like a really bad idea given the fact that I had gotten home from The EARL at 1am. Have I mentioned how much I love coffee? Have I ever mentioned how much I love going home and napping? All was better by 1pm, the time I left the house to walk to Saturday's hash.

Damn Those Patsies!
Okay, I know that the Falcons played without Michael Vick. Okay, I know that the Patriots are defending Super Bowl Champs. But dammit did it not feel like the Falcons could somehow pull that game out yesterday.

Even with the loss I had a great time. At halftime I was able to see some friends who I haven't seen in a long time.

Hey I've Got An Awesome Seat For Game 5
Wait a minute, there is no Game 5 at Turner Field.

Oh relax, you know that I am a Braves hater. You know that being a Mets fan I'm only jealous because the Braves win so fucking much. Wait till next year Braves fans; Spring training is a mere five months away.

And now for some ideas stolen from LiveJournal...
Current Mood - pissed, I just found out the Dressy Bessy show has been cancelled. DAMMIT!
Current Music - Sirius Satellite Radio, channel 26 playing Super Furry Animals -- "Lazer Beam"
Website Of The Day - Tell Stewie what to do, or at least try to at Stewie Live.

If you ever want a quick glance of the sites I've picked for my Websites Of The Day, you can check them out on del.icio.us, my user name is InsideThePerimeter (go figure), and they are all tagged as "blogged."

Yesterday's Exercise (b)Log - nothing

Cheers!
Paulie [eatl/ga]