Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Citizen, Third Class

Trivia, Interrupted
I have been a fairly regular trivia player at Taco Mac for the last three or so years. During football season trivia players are asked to arrive and hour earlier so that our festivities are over in time for the start of Monday Night Football. I have always felt like a second class citizen at Taco Mac because of this.

Last night, our trivia game was cut in half so that we could clear out around the start of the rescheduled Tennessee v. LSU football game. Trivia players have become third class citizens.

I have had enough! As of today I shall not be returning to Taco Mac. If my business cannot be appreciated then I shall not give it to them. There are other venues at which I can play trivia on Monday nights and now will be the time for me to explore them.

There was an odd occurrence for me during last night's game (for which we would have won had I had the chutzpah to stick behind my final answer). Brenan, one of my teammates, brought his sister (half-sister? step-sister?) who happened to sit next to me. She was an extremely beautiful and confident young lady. At one point we were discussing mixed beverages (no, I did not mention yesterday's Website Of The Day -- the iPod Bartender) and I was actually intimidated by her looks. Strange. This has never happened to me before. I feel like I am turning into Woody Allen. Oye!

This One Goes To Eleven
Here's a mildly interesting piece of trivia. When you type in "Atlanta" into The Weather Channel's website, you can choose from eleven different states containing a city named "Atlanta." Aside from Georgia, there are Atlantas in (no particular order) Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Louisiana, Michigan, Missouri, Nebraska, New York, and Texas. Who knew?

N/A N/A N/A N/A N/A, N/A
For the third time this year I have found out that one of my female friends has become pregnant, thus joining the (temporary) non-alcoholic team. My congratulations go out to Lisa, Sandy, and Beth! I suppose I could congratulate their husbands as well, but I'd rather not. :P

With all this pregnancy going around perhaps it's good thing that I can't find a girlfriend.

Happy Birthday Google!
Today Google turns seven. With three of the Googlites cracking Forbes' Top 400 Richest Americans list there should be quite a birthday party at the Google campus today.

CD Pick Of The Week
Not much on the CD release list excites me today. The new Elbow release could be interesting. However, I'm going out on a limb and selecting Ric Ocasek's "Nexterday" instead.

Many moons ago a young Paulie rocked to the electronic stylings of The Cars. I was a hard-core Cars fan, who to this day could probably sing 90% of the songs (off tune with some of the lyrics mangled, of course). Ric's solo stuff has not been the greatest of material, but the man's got history so I'll give him the nod.

BLAST!
If you'd rather feel the dvd love today and are a fan of Family Guy I highly recommend checking out today's release of Stewie Griffin: The Untold Story!. It's a straight-to-dvd movie created in the time that Family Guy was off the air. I happened into a copy a few months ago and loved it!

And now for some ideas stolen from LiveJournal...
Current Mood - a little further under the weather :(
Current Music - Sirius Satellite Radio, channel 26 playing Death Cab For Cutie -- "Why You'd Want To Live Here"
Website Of The Day - Yesterday was Pizza Day over on Slashfood; today they made it into my blog! Lucky fucks.

btw- if you ever want a quick glance of the sites I've picked for my Websites Of The Day, you can check them out on del.icio.us, my user name is InsideThePerimeter (go figure), and they are all tagged as "blogged."

Yesterday's Exercise (b)Log - nothing

Cheers!
Paulie [eatl/ga]